• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding schedule

Knight98

Juvenile Dragon
my beardie is 1 year old now and has grown so fast! Just wondered what feeding schedule you guys use with there bugs? Also a decent schedule for dusting
I tend to feed a few locust every other day mixing the supplements I use every now and again

I understand a proper schedule would be beneficial

All comments welcome

Attachments

• F2772748-80A7-4645-BBE7-3B88C8187DBF.jpeg
    F2772748-80A7-4645-BBE7-3B88C8187DBF.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 12

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my beardie is 1 year old now and has grown so fast! Just wondered what feeding schedule you guys use with there bugs? Also a decent schedule for dusting
I tend to feed a few locust every other day mixing the supplements I use every now and again

All comments welcome
What kind of UVB are you using? This is going to answer the question about the supplement-- next approx a year old they need to be eating insects 2-3 times per week - salads every day - I can answer the question about the calcium once I know about the UVB-
As far as substrate I would get rid of the wood chips - too much risk for impaction or worse if ingested -

Knight98

Juvenile Dragon
Sadie beardies spit them out I won’t be changing the substrate as he is hand fed or I use tongues… shed support is used when needed, I also use all Arcadia calcium, earth pro A and revitalise d3… uvb is a t8 12%

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member

All comments welcome
Hi a “1” year old beardie should have proteins every other day. Crickets Amd Dubia roaches are the best 15-20 larges dusted in calcium powder repcal from petco once per day 3-4 times per week. On a non calcium day; use/sprinkle herptivite vitamin powder once per day/week. Also a fresh plate of greens/veggies is mandatory everyday on the cold side and replace it twice per day cuz it gets wilted.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks all comments are appreciated
We rescue and rehome so please make sure he’s getting those good proteins & daily a fresh plate of greens/veggies: mustard greens, collard greens, dandelions, yellow squash, butternut squash, green beans ans snap peas are the best Amd cut them up to small pieces. Mix 2-3 or 4 daily. Also never ever feed mealworms it impacts them and is horrible for them. When a bit over a year old u may add SuperWorms as treats and hornworms after 1.5 yrs of age. Also; switch out the UvB every 6Mnths make sure it’s the reptisun 10.0 T5 and use the clear zoomed for heat. Never use colored or coiled bulbs. Dark and quiet for sleeping and never ever leave food or water on the tank overnite. Baths in dechlorinated lukewarm water twice per week for 15min minimum & more when shedding. Buy REPTISAFE to remove the chlorine.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Yes I get all this I only wanted info on feeding schedule with dusting cheers
Irregular dusting is the norm, dust one day, next day have a break then resume the next day, what supplements does ur dragon get besides calcium? Its recommended to have a multivitamin.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sadie beardies spit them out I won’t be changing the substrate as he is hand fed or I use tongues… shed support is used when needed, I also use all Arcadia calcium, earth pro A and revitalise d3… uvb is a t8 12%
I had to do some research on the T 8 12% bulb -- I didnt know they existed --- ok so since he has the 12 % bulb where do you have it placed in the tank? For a 12% bulb recommended 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece and no obstruction - if you have it placed on the screen it MUST be a wide hole type -- no fine screen mesh - the screen will block 30% of those rays --- as far as calcium D3 since your using the 12% I would cut back on your D3 to two times per week and alternate between the D3 and regular calcium w/ out D3 NO phosphorus -- the other days your feeding the insects - if hes eating his greens really good and variety you dont need to dust w/ the vitamins as often hes going to get a lot of those nutrients from them -

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I had to do some research on the T 8 12% bulb -- I didnt know they existed --- ok so since he has the 12 % bulb where do you have it placed in the tank? For a 12% bulb recommended 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece and no obstruction - if you have it placed on the screen it MUST be a wide hole type -- no fine screen mesh - the screen will block 30% of those rays --- as far as calcium D3 since your using the 12% I would cut back on your D3 to two times per week and alternate between the D3 and regular calcium w/ out D3 NO phosphorus -- the other days your feeding the insects - if hes eating his greens really good and variety you dont need to dust w/ the vitamins as often hes going to get a lot of those nutrients from them -
I was feeling conflicted w/ the 12-15 for distance - I looked it up and optimal they are saying is 10-12-- so I am going to ask some others that might have more of a definite distance for you just to make sure - the 12-15 is more for a T 5 the T8 is throwing me off -- I will get back w/ you

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok so I got a hold of another on a different forum about the distance thing for the T 8 and it was what I thought at first so this is what he said

The 12% Arcadia is equivalent to a 10.0 ReptiSun for the most part. A T8 12% should be around 6-8'' or so. The 6% Arcadia bulbs are equivalent to a 5.0 ReptiSun. So make sure the distance is the 6-8 inches not the 12-15 for that T 8 --- most T 8's are 6-8 inches ---