• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding schedule for sub-adult

Rwtf8

Hatchling Dragon
Hello!
Could you guys please take a look at Randy's feeding schedule. Any advices, corrections maybe?
He's about 16 months old so it's called sub-adult or something like that. I'm trying to reduce supplements from daily basis + incorporate 30/70 ratio for bugs/veggies

MondayDubiaCal
TuesdayVeggie
WednesdayRepashyCal+D3
ThursdayDubia
FridayVeggie/Fruits/berries/wormsCal
SaturdayDubia (less)
SundayVeggieVitamins

Veggies: Green salad, kale, carrot, pumpkin, bell pepper, asparagus, dandelion greens (dried), basil, bok choy, cucumber (peeled)
Fruits/berries: Apple, mango, blueberry, strawberry, watermelon
Repashy: Veggie Burger and Savory Stew

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello!
Could you guys please take a look at Randy's feeding schedule. Any advices, corrections maybe?
He's about 16 months old so it's called sub-adult or something like that. I'm trying to reduce supplements from daily basis + incorporate 30/70 ratio for bugs/veggies

MondayDubiaCal
TuesdayVeggie
WednesdayRepashyCal+D3
ThursdayDubia
FridayVeggie/Fruits/berries/wormsCal
SaturdayDubia (less)
SundayVeggieVitamins

Veggies: Green salad, kale, carrot, pumpkin, bell pepper, asparagus, dandelion greens (dried), basil, bok choy, cucumber (peeled)
Fruits/berries: Apple, mango, blueberry, strawberry, watermelon
Repashy: Veggie Burger and Savory Stew
That chart looks good, you take really good care of your dragon. Only change you should make is to leave out most or all the fruit, that's too much sugar. I wouldn't worry about a 1-2 second tremor, if it increased noticeably then yes. If it DID increase there still may not be a real way to determine what causes it, some people end up getting blood tests, MRI or other procedures but I've never really read about a conclusive diagnosis. But by your description your dragon does not seem to really have a problem.

Rwtf8

Hatchling Dragon
That chart looks good, you take really good care of your dragon. Only change you should make is to leave out most or all the fruit, that's too much sugar. I wouldn't worry about a 1-2 second tremor, if it increased noticeably then yes. If it DID increase there still may not be a real way to determine what causes it, some people end up getting blood tests, MRI or other procedures but I've never really read about a conclusive diagnosis. But by your description your dragon does not seem to really have a problem.
As for fruits/berries - I give him a small slice of a fruit OR 4-5 berries once a week. Is that a big portion of sugar?
And thanks for helping me!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As for fruits/berries - I give him a small slice of a fruit OR 4-5 berries once a week. Is that a big portion of sugar?
And thanks for helping me!
I would cut back on it to maybe every other week -- blueberries are real high in sugar - you dont want him coming down w/ diabetes - and welcome --