• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding Advice

elvina

Bearded Dragon Egg
Our beardie is about six months old. Its our first. Up till now we have been feeding calci worms for breakfast, crickets for lunch and dubia roaches for dinner, he/she also has a fresh supply of greens all the time too. Should we now cut down on the number of feeds please? Also should we change the size of his food, he has been having number 3 crickets and small/medium dubias? Also we live in the UK and the dubia roaches are really expensive but are his/her favourite food. Can anyone suggest a good but reasonably priced seller please? Thanks very much

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi, thats a really good varied diet you have him/her on (you should be able to accurately sex it at 6 months). Dropping to 2 feeds a day should be fine (plus veggies).
I live in the UK, I get my dubias from ebay, there are some good suppliers on there. Although they are expensive, when you work out the nutritional value (approx 7 crickets= 1 dubia) they arent that much more expensive than crickets. Buying in bulk reduces the price and dubias live for a long time so you can keep them for ages.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree, you could drop down to 2 feedings a day. Also, if you bump up the size of the feeders, you will start feeding less per feeding and save a bit on food.