• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeder Tank Advice

mpgavin87

Bearded Dragon Egg
My son and I got his 1 year old beardie a new 40gallon tank today. We were told that at her age we should be feeding her once a day, a 10-15 minute all she can eat grubfest, or roachfest I should say.
We were wondering if we could use her old tank for a Dubai storage tank then just put her in there for her daily feedings. Would this be good for his beardie?
Does anyone do this? How do you have your feeder tanks set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes it would be fine to use the old tank for a feeder tank.. I wouldn't however feed from there as many adults don't like to have them crawling on them.. It would better if you just put a dish in her new 40 gal and put the feeders for the day feeding in there.
I use egg cartons standing on there side at 1 end so the poop falls to the bottom at the other end you give the water crystals, dry food, and the stems from the salad greens/veggies (anything that is good for your dragon as that is how you gut load)

mpgavin87

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes it would be fine to use the old tank for a feeder tank.. I wouldn't however feed from there as many adults don't like to have them crawling on them.. It would better if you just put a dish in her new 40 gal and put the feeders for the day feeding in there.
I use egg cartons standing on there side at 1 end so the poop falls to the bottom at the other end you give the water crystals, dry food, and the stems from the salad greens/veggies (anything that is good for your dragon as that is how you gut load)
What kind of light should we use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk