• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

fake rock/sand floor?

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey what do you think of instead of using tiles (which my little guy seemed to hate when I put it in because it got no traction on it) using the fake rock wall method of polystyrene, grout and mod podge with some sand thrown into the podge before it dries to give it that gritty feel. the sand wont come up and be of concern , it will look nicer than ceramic tile and it will give better footing.

any thoughts??

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The issue with that is going to be leaning its going to be pretty tough getting all the waste off that critty surface.

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
thanks. Think I will just stick with the tile. he will have to tough it up and learn to hunt on the tile.

is there a specific type of tile thats best? ceramic? linoleum? etc