• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eye stuck shut?! Help!!

Ashley Carl

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a vet appt. For Thursday, it is the soonest they had, I do not have any loose substrate, 10.0 uvb tube, brand new, 75watt heat lamp, 103 on warm side 80 on cool side, still eating....Altho im still struggling to get him to eat greens. He will be 1 in July. I'm just worried!! I dont know if there is something I should do different?! He will open it after I use a damp qtip on it, there does not seem to be any inflammation or anything?

Attachments

• 1524018420716121043288.jpg
    1524018420716121043288.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 115

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Try some sterile saline solution, you can get it by the contact lens/eye drops at the drug store. That will help flush his eye out until you get him to the vet.

Ashley Carl

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you! Both eyes where open this morning until he went to his basking spot then he shut them both to soak up the rays, Thursday at 1030, can't come soon enough