• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Experimenting....

phoebe

Bearded Dragon Egg
Well I have owned Daffodil Aka DILLY for a little over 2 months and she has already doubled in size! I was housing her in a 20 gal. because she was just a baby and 6 inches long.

Instead of going out and buying a huge tank for her, (she is 12 inches now) I thought I would use my Exo- Terra from a previous chameleon that has height and width. I am making use of the height by adding a "perch"-- if you will-- that is her basking spot and is always around 100-115 degrees F -- she seems to love it.

My concern is, the ambient temp in her lower level is around 80-85 but she rarely goes down there.. I also keep her food down there

Any suggestions?
dills condo (2).jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What I would be most worried about is as they get older they are not very agile so they can really hurt themselves when falling from heights.. They really need the floor space more than height..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I like the idea of utilizing the height but I would maybe add a ramp system or something so that if she falls she won't fall all the way to the bottom. They have poor depth perception, mine used to walk right off of tables because they didn't realize there was a drop.

My friend has a handicapped dragon and even in the 40g breeder tank she has created a series of floors and ramps so he can go up top to bask and then safely walk down if he wants to hide and sleep.

phoebe

Bearded Dragon Egg
The dimensions are not perfect 18x18x24 but I hope I can figure out a way to make it work. The tank is worth 200 dollars

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I know the tank, I have the same one for my crested gecko.