• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Exo Terra Adult dragon grub... can I feed my baby beardie this?

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Recently i have gotten a baby bearded dragon and bought an adult starter kit for her ( not a great choice) now im seeing its not that great anyways it came with some Adult Dragon grub which is just black soldier fly larvae. I just wanted to know if i could feed these to my baby bearded dragon even though it says its for adults?

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Some pictures, they are pretty small

Attachments

• DSCF0222.JPG
    DSCF0222.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 15
  • DSCF0221.JPG
    DSCF0221.JPG
    7.3 MB · Views: 15

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Yes, those are safe to feed to your baby beardie. Don't put any calcium supplements on them, though, because they are high enough in calcium already. They are a great staple for babies because of their nutritional value.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Some pictures, they are pretty small
Please no pellets --- it is always best to feed fresh greens and live insects--- I suppose once in a while wouldnt hurt but I would not make it a staple --- live BSFL are great for babies -- they can be used as salad toppers to lure the baby to the salad bowl - they have lots of calcium in them and do not need to be dusted ---

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Ok, i wasnt gonna use as a staple just until my dubia roaches get here because my post office doesnt work on new years day so ima be out of mealworms so i was just thinking on using these in the meantime, Thanks

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
If they're super crunchy you should probably soak them in water before you feed them, just to make them more appetizing and easy to eat.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If they're super crunchy you should probably soak them in water before you feed them, just to make them more appetizing and easy to eat.
Good idea and it will provide hydration as well --- dried food will dry them out