• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Exercise for my Bearded dragon

jessica1919

Hatchling Dragon
I want to let my dragon out of his enclosure to walk around..Will this stress him out or will he enjoy it? I know it depends on the dragon but is he likely to run fast and be hard to catch? LOL..I hate seeing him stuck in the enclosure day after day except when i hold him...Thanks

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
I want to let my dragon out of his enclosure to walk around..Will this stress him out or will he enjoy it? I know it depends on the dragon but is he likely to run fast and be hard to catch? LOL..I hate seeing him stuck in the enclosure day after day except when i hold him...Thanks
i let mine out whenever im chilling in the room, just have to make sure the room isnt so cold (in general and turn of all fans etc) and pay attention that he doesnt eat small things and get in places that you cant get him out. they can be fast and hard to catch though. especially when young, sometimes theyll find a warm spot and go to sleep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a room that I've made safe for them to run around in to burn off energy and to give them some stimulation.. I have a basking spot made over some stacked rocks so when they get cold they can go warm up..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Most of the house is dragon safe. When they were little, I limited them to one room and I watched them like a hawk. Now that they are adults and don't move too much I just put them on the floor and they have their little spots that they like to go and take a nap. I don't have to watch them as closely because I know that there is nothing that they can get hurt on.