• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

enrichment for hyper beardie!?

madelinew

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi there! I have an extremely energetic 10 month old beardie that loves to run and jump and climb. I'm going to buy him a 4x2x2 enclosure and he's going to need a lot of enrichment in there! He loves to climb his fake leaves to the top of his current cage and likes to jump from them onto his basking branch. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions of what fun things to put into the new enclosure because this little man has a lot of energy and I want his new enclosure to have lots of fun activities and enrichment so he doesn't get bored, but the most I can think of is lots of fake plants and places to climb. Any and all ideas and welcomed and appreciated!! I want this new enclosure to be a mini mansion for my beardie son. :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi there! I have an extremely energetic 10 month old beardie that loves to run and jump and climb. I'm going to buy him a 4x2x2 enclosure and he's going to need a lot of enrichment in there! He loves to climb his fake leaves to the top of his current cage and likes to jump from them onto his basking branch. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions of what fun things to put into the new enclosure because this little man has a lot of energy and I want his new enclosure to have lots of fun activities and enrichment so he doesn't get bored, but the most I can think of is lots of fake plants and places to climb. Any and all ideas and welcomed and appreciated!! I want this new enclosure to be a mini mansion for my beardie son. :)
As he gets older he will calm down - jumping is not good especially the flooring of the tank-- I am cautious and have things in my tank to climb on but nothing high- my 2 don't jump anymore they will drop from the chair seat to the carpet but they arent jumping - too risky - the leaves and vines make sure they are strong enough to support him- a nice hammock fleece or cloth would be nice- you can find those on www.pamperedbeardies.com or www.etsy.com they have lots of things for dragons-

Debbrat057

Bearded Dragon Egg
As he gets older he will calm down - jumping is not good especially the flooring of the tank-- I am cautious and have things in my tank to climb on but nothing high- my 2 don't jump anymore they will drop from the chair seat to the carpet but they arent jumping - too risky - the leaves and vines make sure they are strong enough to support him- a nice hammock fleece or cloth would be nice- you can find those on www.pamperedbeardies.com or www.etsy.com they have lots of things for dragons-
Can you go to Home Depot and get some slate and couple bricks? Make him a climbing spot to go from that to some thing else without jumping. Go outside and get a tree by branch wash it really good and rinse well then let it dry. It funny the things you can make climbing with. Definitely don't want him jumping . I made a corner hammock with a bandana and three suction cup hooks.and it's washable.