• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure question.

courtrenee

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I have looked this up before but literally everything was saying it is fine until I found this website and been seeing the complete opposite from what I read. I was reading that bearded dragons shouldn't have a heating pad or a bowl of water in their tank but when I looked before I never found anything saying I shouldn't. It wasn't until today that I learned that. I just want to confirm with obviously more experienced bearded dragons owners than I am to see if I need to remove both things or not.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I have looked this up before but literally everything was saying it is fine until I found this website and been seeing the complete opposite from what I read. I was reading that bearded dragons shouldn't have a heating pad or a bowl of water in their tank but when I looked before I never found anything saying I shouldn't. It wasn't until today that I learned that. I just want to confirm with obviously more experienced bearded dragons owners than I am to see if I need to remove both things or not.
Unless your dragon actually drinks from the bowl or the humidity is less than 20% I would not keep one in there-- heat pads are not helpful- dragons heatb from their backs not stomach's heat pads are recommended if you are trying to get ambient temps up for when they are sick and you have nothing else-

courtrenee

Bearded Dragon Egg
Unless your dragon actually drinks from the bowl or the humidity is less than 20% I would not keep one in there-- heat pads are not helpful- dragons heatb from their backs not stomach's heat pads are recommended if you are trying to get ambient temps up for when they are sick and you have nothing else-
Thank you!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you!
Your welcome if you need more help please ask --- the info off the internet can be so wrong -- please do not use any coils for UVB no colored lights for heat no sand no coconut fiber no walnut shells for substrate - coconut fiber and walnut shells are toxic to dragons - sand can cause impaction -- if you have more questions please ask
you want a clear solid bright white basking bulb -- and a long tube fixture for a UVB I can post links for good ones -- they are not all the same