• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Madi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey friends, my three year old dragon layed an egg today for the very first time and I just wanted to get some opinions about her and her egg laying. Half of the egg was squishy and slightly darker and I wasn't sure if that should be something I should be concerned about and when I rubbed her stomach to see if there were more eggs, I didn't really feel anything. Should I be concerned at all? I have not had an dig box in her enclosure beforehand so I wasn't sure if her eggs could rott inside her since she didn't have any opportunities to lay previously or if its possible she only had one egg.

She is currently chilling in a dig box I made for her. I haven't seen any digging yet just lots of sleeping lol. Let me know what you guys think, any advice/opinions are appreciated!

P.S she has never seen a male before so the egg is infertile

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey friends, my three year old dragon layed an egg today for the very first time and I just wanted to get some opinions about her and her egg laying. Half of the egg was squishy and slightly darker and I wasn't sure if that should be something I should be concerned about and when I rubbed her stomach to see if there were more eggs, I didn't really feel anything. Should I be concerned at all? I have not had an dig box in her enclosure beforehand so I wasn't sure if her eggs could rott inside her since she didn't have any opportunities to lay previously or if its possible she only had one egg.

She is currently chilling in a dig box I made for her. I haven't seen any digging yet just lots of sleeping lol. Let me know what you guys think, any advice/opinions are appreciated!

P.S she has never seen a male before so the egg is infertile
How is your dragon? has she laid anymore eggs? If she hasn't laid anymore eggs you should get her seen by a exotic vet to make sure she isn't egg bound or like you asked yes ruptured inside her which will get her infected..

Madi

Bearded Dragon Egg
She is 3! Today she layed 19 more eggs. They were not in the nicest condition, but I have been keeping a close eye on her and she seems to be acting normal/

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good glad she laid more eggs, if you haven't you should freeze the infertile eggs then throw away. Increase her calcium to replace what she has lost in the egg making process. Were the eggs all intact?