• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Effective, Healthy Diet

Leisl Seigler

Hatchling Dragon
Hey guys! So my beardie didn't eat for awhile due to stress from moving so I upped his food intake some to give him healthy proteins and greens to fatten him back up. But he's startong to get a little pudgy I think. I'll attach a picture below. How much should I feed him to help him balance out? I do take him out and let him run around everyday!
b1598e7278da335ad167b52ee2ee82da.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He looks pretty good from the picture, they are growing soo quickly at this age it's kinda hard to over fed at this point however you could go to 2x a day protein and greens all day.. how much do you feed him at each feeding??

Leisl Seigler

Hatchling Dragon
so I usually feed him until he stops eating, but he gets a good amount of greens at least once a day. If I do crickets, I give him between 7 and 10 of the big ones because that's usually all he'll eat. If I give him super worms, he only gets those and greens at one time because they're filled with fat and proteins. And if he gets meal worms, he eats 10-15. I mix it up for him so he doesn't get tired of his food. He gets fed one of the above combos twice a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would offer a salad every day regardless of size. If you feel that he is getting a little too pudgy you could feed bugs every other day. I think he looks fine though.