• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Edible Plants inside enclosure ?

Minerva

Hatchling Dragon
Hi.. so I'm wondering what type of live plants can I put in my dracos tank for her to eat ? Do any of you guys keep live plants in your tanks? How do you care for these plants of you do? Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
Hi.. so I'm wondering what type of live plants can I put in my dracos tank for her to eat ? Do any of you guys keep live plants in your tanks? How do you care for these plants of you do? Thanks in advance :)

posting here to also see the replies because ive wondered the same thing. ive heard thinks like prickly pear cacti, mint, rosemary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minerva

Hatchling Dragon
posting here to also see the replies because ive wondered the same thing. ive heard thinks like prickly pear cacti, mint, rosemary

Yea I've heard of cacti too , but can't they get hurt on the pointy ends ?

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
Yea I've heard of cacti too , but can't they get hurt on the pointy ends ?

thats what ive always wondered too, i havent looked much into it but i know for sure im going to use mint i think simply because it also smells good. but i think you can also take out the needles of cacti, but im not sure

Minerva

Hatchling Dragon
thats what ive always wondered too, i havent looked much into it but i know for sure im going to use mint i think simply because it also smells good. but i think you can also take out the needles of cacti, but im not sure

Hopefully someone with more experience chimes in :) thank you:)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The problem with keeping live plants in with your dragon is it will raise the humidity in the tank. Also, dragons walk on and through everything too you can't plant anything too delicate or they will trample and kill it. Not to mention that they could dig through the dirt and make a huge mess.