• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eco Earth as substrate

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi, yeah there are a couple. I was using similar and swapped it for repti carpet because my feeders kept escaping into it, pushing their way under food bowls and tank decor where they eventually die if you dont find them. When you have organic matter breaking down in your substrate you run a higher risk of bacterial growth developing, could cause problems in the long run.
It is expensive when compared to reusable carpets, tiles etc as you will need to replace it once a month, or again run the risk of bacterial growth.

While it is more natural and it looks good you have to weigh the pros and cons, while I found it a hassle, you may be ok with it if you are vigilant enough in your cleaning regime.