• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eating Habit

Smawg

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
The first 5 months of having Smawg as a baby she ate great, but after that, she didn't eat her greens or fruits or veggies. so I started gutt loading crickets with everything that I would feed to her. I now also feed her baby food & crush up the red bearded dragon food & soak it & syringe feed her it, that way she gets at least a little of something that she needs. My question for that is, How much liquid is to much?
I will syringe feed her until she stops licking and or moves away. Is this ok?
I have been doing it that way now for,4 years. Anyways she eats dubia roaches, crickets, & hornworms, she will eat moths if i keep some worms to pupa. but other then that she will not eat anything else. I even went days without feeding her & that does not matter. now i have started blending greens & other stuff into a puree & syringe feed her. Is this good enough for her?
i do dust the bugs with the calcium & vitamin powder. she doesn't seem active in her tank anymore, she will stay on the cooler side alot and the other side of the tank is not even over 100. I do not know how she can be to hot, her body is cold when I touch her. i let her soak in the bath for like 20 min. she will play. she looks to me a little dehydrated but how can she be dehydrated with the puree that i give her?
she isnt gaining any weight I bought some wax worms hoping she would eat them top just fatten her up some & she ate 10 of them & hasn't eaten anymore after a few attempts, so I fed 500 wax worms to the wild birds :)