• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eating Greens

chesterthebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey everyone

I should probably make a list of all my questions haha but I recently asked for tips on how to get my little guy to eat greens… he’s smarter than I thought. I have tried baby foods, using worms on his meals (which he proceeds to wait until the come to the surface or until they move and only picks out the worms -.-) i have tried fruits and he won’t even take that, i have even gone to the extent of wrapping crickets in greens and he just will not take it. I tried bee pollen as well and the sugar free apple juice and this little guy is SO stubborn. I keep putting salads in his enclosure and just hoping he will take it in. I also make sure his temps are where they should be (basking 95-100) and the cool side around 80. He eats a TON of bugs and loves them but he his so so stubborn. If anyone knows what to do or how to get him to even eat a leaf of greens that would be great :)

Thanks!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey everyone

I should probably make a list of all my questions haha but I recently asked for tips on how to get my little guy to eat greens… he’s smarter than I thought. I have tried baby foods, using worms on his meals (which he proceeds to wait until the come to the surface or until they move and only picks out the worms -.-) i have tried fruits and he won’t even take that, i have even gone to the extent of wrapping crickets in greens and he just will not take it. I tried bee pollen as well and the sugar free apple juice and this little guy is SO stubborn. I keep putting salads in his enclosure and just hoping he will take it in. I also make sure his temps are where they should be (basking 95-100) and the cool side around 80. He eats a TON of bugs and loves them but he his so so stubborn. If anyone knows what to do or how to get him to even eat a leaf of greens that would be great :)

Thanks!
What are you using for worms? I can suggest some silk worms on top of the salads they are a good staple feeder and they STICK to everything-- please get your basking temps up to 105-110 for a baby--- when he gets to be about 6 months old he wont want it that hot and then you can adjust down to 95-100 -- if he can eat a few bites of the salad that is good you got him eating some-- they are mostly needing protein now but if you can get him to eat a couple of bites that would be good -- what are you using for a staple insect -- and are you dusting them w/ calcium D3 and vitamins w/ beta carotene ?

chesterthebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
What are you using for worms? I can suggest some silk worms on top of the salads they are a good staple feeder and they STICK to everything-- please get your basking temps up to 105-110 for a baby--- when he gets to be about 6 months old he wont want it that hot and then you can adjust down to 95-100 -- if he can eat a few bites of the salad that is good you got him eating some-- they are mostly needing protein now but if you can get him to eat a couple of bites that would be good -- what are you using for a staple insect -- and are you dusting them w/ calcium D3 and vitamins w/ beta carotene ?
I was using super worms but i will try silk! I had my basking temp that high but then saw some articles saying to keep it lower.. it’s usually around 105 normally i just recently turned it down. I use crickets and dubias and dust them with all the vitamins you stated to make sure he is strong and healthy!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was using super worms but i will try silk! I had my basking temp that high but then saw some articles saying to keep it lower.. it’s usually around 105 normally i just recently turned it down. I use crickets and dubias and dust them with all the vitamins you stated to make sure he is strong and healthy!
You can get silks from here www.reptilianarts.com
They come cupped w/ food-- or bulk you will need to order food - bulk usually come small- clean containers out daily- another website is www.coastilsilkworms.com - they have a west coast and east coast