• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Early MBD?

Xosarahxo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I hope I’m posting this in the right spot!
this is my beardie, I’ve had her for 2 and a half months now, she eats no problem, poops normally every morning usually, I feed her a salad daily and she moves around fine.

but I’m worried about her one arm/ hand, she seems to “flex” it upwards, or hold it half way in the air almost like she paused mid wave, I’ll attach some pictures. I’m unsure if it’s normal or something I should be worried about. Also does her jaw look okay, like no over bite?
I did SOmuch research before I got her, I think I over worry myself with the idea she could get sick.
(also she just ate so her beard may look a little big)

Attachments

• DD1ECB55-4999-4B8B-862E-100AB1D5662D.jpeg
    DD1ECB55-4999-4B8B-862E-100AB1D5662D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
  • AF9D1886-7619-4C9A-8222-8676697C6963.jpeg
    AF9D1886-7619-4C9A-8222-8676697C6963.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81

Chadhfink

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can you post a picture of her from a top angle of the entire length of her back and tail. A way to tell if a beardy has MBD is look at the spine and if their are kinks or some misshapen areas then it is likely and I would take her to a reptile vet for diagnosing

Xosarahxo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can you post a picture of her from a top angle of the entire length of her back and tail. A way to tell if a beardy has MBD is look at the spine and if their are kinks or some misshapen areas then it is likely and I would take her to a reptile vet for diagnosing
Here’s a couple, I hope this shows enough! I’ll take more if that isn’t clear enough! Thank you for the reply :)

Attachments

• 66254358-94DC-45E8-90B9-CD3077E4BC99.jpeg
    66254358-94DC-45E8-90B9-CD3077E4BC99.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
  • FDFB8D2C-75E8-46D4-9F9A-E6068BFE1D0C.jpeg
    FDFB8D2C-75E8-46D4-9F9A-E6068BFE1D0C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 76

Chadhfink

Bearded Dragon Egg
To me she looks healthy if you are still worried you can make an appointment with a reptile vet.
Make sure that your beardy has a UVB light along with his heat lamp or that his heat lamp dose emit UVB. Good luck with everything.

Xosarahxo

Bearded Dragon Egg
To me she looks healthy if you are still worried you can make an appointment with a reptile vet.
Make sure that your beardy has a UVB light along with his heat lamp or that his heat lamp dose emit UVB. Good luck with everything.
Okay! Thank you so much!

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, I think your bearded dragon looks good doesn't seem like there are any signs of MBD but if you're really worried you can always get a vet check up like chadhfink said.

Kylie C

Hatchling Dragon
I am sure you are already doing this but also make sure you are dusting her crickets! She looks nice and healthy to me, but if that arm gets worse take her to the vet. With pet smart lizards it is not uncommon for them to have MBD from what I’ve heard. I had a dragon with pretty severe MBD for 9 years. I had to do physical therapy with him and it was extremely hard to keep weight on him. That’s why rescues and humane breeder beardies I feel are the way to go (I got my first two from pet smart because I had no idea, and I’m not even sure where you got yours from, so I am not judging you don’t worry ❤️)

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If your beardie is lifting his arm up where it looks like he’s waving. That’s just a behavioural thing. It’s literally a way for them to show to other beardies that they are present and that the are being passive or less dominant. If anything your beardie may be seeing his reflection in the glass and is thinking it’s a more dominant dragon. My beardie use to do that too when he was younger. He could also be trying to get your attention in anyway letting you know he’s there or he’s hungry or he wants to play. MBD is usually present in dragons who were not taken care of properly before so like no UVB light. And it usually fuses bones together. So for example he would be dragging his whole arm or couldn’t move it at all or can’t move his fingers properly. Hope this helps

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi, I hope I’m posting this in the right spot!
this is my beardie, I’ve had her for 2 and a half months now, she eats no problem, poops normally every morning usually, I feed her a salad daily and she moves around fine.

but I’m worried about her one arm/ hand, she seems to “flex” it upwards, or hold it half way in the air almost like she paused mid wave, I’ll attach some pictures. I’m unsure if it’s normal or something I should be worried about. Also does her jaw look okay, like no over bite?
I did SOmuch research before I got her, I think I over worry myself with the idea she could get sick.
(also she just ate so her beard may look a little big)
She probably lay had MBD metabolic bone disease!!! She is little and needs protein 3 times a day ASAp!! Or her bones become weak and brittle get a bunch of small crickets and small Dubai roaches she should be eating 3 times a day tons of crickets like 100 a day lightly dusted in calcium powder!! Plus 2bowls of veggies a day fresh place it on the cold side!! She needs protein all beardies do ASAp!! The greens and veggies need to be dandelions, mustard/collard greens and yellow squash, snap peas, butternut squash, green beans and zucchini. 2-3 gre am mixed with 2-3 veggies and diced up very small so he can eat!!! Also u need the ZooMed basking bulb and Reptisun 10.0 T5 long tubular bulb for UVb!! Then need a lift and bright tank and no coiled it colored lights ever and no lights at nite pure dark get him a ceramic heat lamp it emits not light for nite time the temp should be around 75-80. But crickets And Dubias ASAp 2-3 times a day he will eat 100baby crickets a day as he grows in next few months u do medium crckots when he’s 3-4 months old then large when he’s about 6-8months old.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
She probably lay had MBD metabolic bone disease!!! She is little and needs protein 3 times a day ASAp!! Or her bones become weak and brittle get a bunch of small crickets and small Dubai roaches she should be eating 3 times a day tons of crickets like 100 a day lightly dusted in calcium powder!! Plus 2bowls of veggies a day fresh place it on the cold side!! She needs protein all beardies do ASAp!! The greens and veggies need to be dandelions, mustard/collard greens and yellow squash, snap peas, butternut squash, green beans and zucchini. 2-3 gre am mixed with 2-3 veggies and diced up very small so he can eat!!! Also u need the ZooMed basking bulb and Reptisun 10.0 T5 long tubular bulb for UVb!! Then need a lift and bright tank and no coiled it colored lights ever and no lights at nite pure dark get him a ceramic heat lamp it emits not light for nite time the temp should be around 75-80. But crickets And Dubias ASAp 2-3 times a day he will eat 100baby crickets a day as he grows in next few months u do medium crckots when he’s 3-4 months old then large when he’s about 6-8months old.
Hello, this is a site for learning about bearded dragon care, so can you be a bit nicer in tone especially to new bearded dragon people.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello, this is a site for learning about bearded dragon care, so can you be a bit nicer in tone especially to new bearded dragon people.
Sorry I rescue and rehome and train and help. Yes please follow the above and u will see a huge difference;)

Xosarahxo

Bearded Dragon Egg
It may just be the picture that’s misleading her size, she eats a lot, gets the right amount of greens and calcium. I’ve done research on proper weight to age and I check it all the time - size wise she’s roughly what she should be for her age. I’m not concerned about her size or weight A
I will agree with the person whom replied to you, you definitely could have been nicer about it and not such a ****- your reply almost makes me want to delete my account off this site if people on here reply the way you do!!
firstly, my dragon is fed tons, you have no clue what I feed her and the amount so don’t assume. She eats TONS, and a variety of bugs. She gets the calcium and protein she needs. She gets her salads I’m not an idiot - I know how to feed her - I wasn’t asking about her diet I was asking about her hand and jaw, not her weight - thank you.
secondly, the picture must be misleading to you because her size is not a concern! I did a years worth of research, I know the weight to age that she would be - I weigh her VERY OFTEN, and measure her because not only do I make sure it’s proper - I like seeing the growing progress from day to day - week to week.
Thirdly, I understand you rehome etc etc, my concern was her hand and jaw, not her weight. You don’t need to assume so much just off of 2 paragraphs and 2 non- straight pictures. And if you want to assume so much, maybe find a nicer way to do it.
fourthly, there is NOTHING you typed for me to follow that I ALREADY don’t do!! Thank you for your concern on the wrong subject. This website is f’king amazing eh.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Sorry was typing fast and trying to give you all the advice necessary. Yes def please feed the crickets 3 times a day but dust in calcium once a day and u need the correct lights and temps. I am here to help and I doubt u have all I suggested so just work on doing that. Also NO sand substrate use smooth shelf liner or paper towels but smooth shelf liner from target or wallmart is best in beige color NOT black and no colored or coiled bulbs and please get the correct long Reptisun 10.0 T5 long tubular bulb for UVb u can order on amazon. 10.0 not 5.0 and T5 not T8. T5 is very very very low UVb and T8 is not as bright the one I suggested is bes and the ZooMed basking bulb. U will see a 360 turn around and baths twice per week for 15min in dechlorinated water buy reptisafe u place 2 drops for every cup on his drinking and bathing water and in his spray bottle to mist him a few times a day.

Xosarahxo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sorry was typing fast and trying to give you all the advice necessary. Yes def please feed the crickets 3 times a day but dust in calcium once a day and u need the correct lights and temps. I am here to help and I doubt u have all I suggested so just work on doing that. Also NO sand substrate use smooth shelf liner or paper towels but smooth shelf liner from target or wallmart is best in beige color NOT black and no colored or coiled bulbs and please get the correct long Reptisun 10.0 T5 long tubular bulb for UVb u can order on amazon. 10.0 not 5.0 and T5 not T8. T5 is very very very low UVb and T8 is not as bright the one I suggested is bes and the ZooMed basking bulb. U will see a 360 turn around and baths twice per week for 15min in dechlorinated water buy reptisafe u place 2 drops for every cup on his drinking and bathing water and in his spray bottle to mist him a few times a day.
♀️♀️

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran

.....Seriously.......Seriously.....

Chadhfink

Bearded Dragon Egg
The dragon in the picture dose NOT have MDB if it did it’s spine would be misaligned and irregular

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It may just be the picture that’s misleading her size, she eats a lot, gets the right amount of greens and calcium. I’ve done research on proper weight to age and I check it all the time - size wise she’s roughly what she should be for her age. I’m not concerned about her size or weight A

I will agree with the person whom replied to you, you definitely could have been nicer about it and not such a ****- your reply almost makes me want to delete my account off this site if people on here reply the way you do!!
firstly, my dragon is fed tons, you have no clue what I feed her and the amount so don’t assume. She eats TONS, and a variety of bugs. She gets the calcium and protein she needs. She gets her salads I’m not an idiot - I know how to feed her - I wasn’t asking about her diet I was asking about her hand and jaw, not her weight - thank you.
secondly, the picture must be misleading to you because her size is not a concern! I did a years worth of research, I know the weight to age that she would be - I weigh her VERY OFTEN, and measure her because not only do I make sure it’s proper - I like seeing the growing progress from day to day - week to week.
Thirdly, I understand you rehome etc etc, my concern was her hand and jaw, not her weight. You don’t need to assume so much just off of 2 paragraphs and 2 non- straight pictures. And if you want to assume so much, maybe find a nicer way to do it.
fourthly, there is NOTHING you typed for me to follow that I ALREADY don’t do!! Thank you for your concern on the wrong subject. This website is f’king amazing eh.
Right like you are following everything!!! Really; a variety of BUGS???? Lol crickets and Dubia rocahes and if an adult 1.5-2yrs you can add some super and hornworms a few times a week; they are high in fat so they are treats!!! as far as salads no google STAPLE GREENS & STAPLE VEGGIES; they need 2-3 of each a day; 2 bowls cut up small to his size. dandelions, collard/mustard greens, endives and for veggies; butternut squash, snap peas, yellow sqaush and green beans. I will bet a million dollars you are not incorparating not even one of the greens or veggies I listed. SALAD IS A NO & KAle is once in a blue moon or never is best. They need veggies/greens!!! and I highly doubt you have REPTISUN 10.0 T5 for UVB. HE CANNOT HAVE COLORED OR COILED BULBS OR SAND as the substrate. Please adhere for the dragons sake and use smooth shelf liner; $10 at target or wallmart; beige in colore NOT black obviously!!! And water and food in the cold section and NO Lights of any color at night they like pure dark and quiet!!!!

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
WHAT???? I rescue and rehome; I have seen it all. This is how you reply???Follow what I suggested ASAP
I never said you didn't rescue and rehome, I never said you were a bad bearded dragon owner. All I was saying is that you need to be nicer to other bearded dragon owners and that you need to seriously stop, this is just plain mean. Also I have rescued too and still to this day educate owners about reptiles and other animals but this does not make me better than anyone else.