• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

dubia size

Dray

Hatchling Dragon
So my dragons body is around 8" not including the tail. I've been feeding him 3/8 dubias and they seem way too small based on the amount he eats ( he will devour at least 10 and look for more) with a small salad. I was wondering if I should go to 1/2" or 5/8". I know to go by the space between their eyes but to me that seems relatively small. he needs more so im going to order some tonight

Dray

Hatchling Dragon
i feed him morning and night, around 630 am and 6 at night, 10 or so 3/8 each time. Hes costing me more in food than my 80lb black lab...

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
As long as the width of the dubia isn't bigger than the space between the dragons eyes, it should be good. Just keep an eye on your dragon while he's eating to make sure he can chew and swallow them.