• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dubia Roaches

sjfrank

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am here today, but can't always sign on . When I do no one seems to answer my questions.
I have trouble getting Pogo my dragon to eat Dubia Roaches. What can I do? He loves Superworms and he eats his greens. I started a Dubia Roach colony because I was told they were better for him and Now I have more than I need because he won't eat them. Please help.
Report Edit Delete

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm sorry that your questions aren't getting answered, a lot of people's aren't. I'm trying to help but there's just not enough people to answer. I would suggest trying to mix the mealworms and dubia roaches together. Sometimes dragons just don't like certain types of food and there's nothing you can really do about it except keep trying.

Nicks75

Bearded Dragon Egg
In addition to the advice given, you can try not feeding him for a day or two, as long as he is healthy he will eventually give in to hunger, thats how i got my beardie to start eating veggies. Another method is to tong feed him the super worms for a week each day, he will learn to recognize the tongs with his food, then switch to tong feeding dubias, he should eat it without realizing assuming it to be super worms and eventually should develop a taste for the roaches. Switch back and forth to keep him guessing, I got mine to develop a taste for rapashy grub pie using that method. With all the advice given along with some persistence and patients he should be showing improvements on his diet.