• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dubai roach colony

C Whittaker

Bearded Dragon Egg
Could someone please advise me on how to start my own roach colony as after spending much time on the internet I've gathered a lot of conflicting and confusing information. It's costing a fortune ordering them and I think this will be the best way forward but don't know where to start!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrewed1

Bearded Dragon Egg
easy to set up. you can follow most of the information from the net...

1. get at least a 55ltr container (storage tubs works the best)

2. get egg cartons and stack on side 3/4 of the tub (other is for food and moisture.

3. get some fluon or vasoline and coat the sides just above the top of the egg cartons.

4. get a heat mat set to around 24 degrees C

5. Add roaches

notes..
for food i use blended up dog/cat food, and left overs fruit n veges
for mositure i use tissues soaked with water in a cut up 3ltr milk container..

*** there is alot of diffrrent ways.. this just works for me. ****

i started with 1 and now have 3 tubs

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Could someone please advise me on how to start my own roach colony as after spending much time on the internet I've gathered a lot of conflicting and confusing information. It's costing a fortune ordering them and I think this will be the best way forward but don't know where to start!!

Sorry I've not responded yet I have a dog that tore her ACL last night and will be having surgery tomorrow.. If you look in the general care section and click on the info for new comers I've written out how I have my colony and how to care for them.. Make sure you ONLY feed your roaches items of food that your beardie can eat and this is very important as what the roaches eat your beardie eats as they maintain the food in their GI tracts for 72 hours.

C Whittaker

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sorry I've not responded yet I have a dog that tore her ACL last night and will be having surgery tomorrow.. If you look in the general care section and click on the info for new comers I've written out how I have my colony and how to care for them.. Make sure you ONLY feed your roaches items of food that your beardie can eat and this is very important as what the roaches eat your beardie eats as they maintain the food in their GI tracts for 72 hours.
Thanks for the help think I know what I'm doing now. Will let u know how it goes. Really sorry to hear about your dog. Me n my k9 are very close so can imagine what your goin through. Please let me know how the surgery goes.

C Whittaker

Bearded Dragon Egg
easy to set up. you can follow most of the information from the net...

1. get at least a 55ltr container (storage tubs works the best)

2. get egg cartons and stack on side 3/4 of the tub (other is for food and moisture.

3. get some fluon or vasoline and coat the sides just above the top of the egg cartons.

4. get a heat mat set to around 24 degrees C

5. Add roaches

notes..
for food i use blended up dog/cat food, and left overs fruit n veges
for mositure i use tissues soaked with water in a cut up 3ltr milk container..

*** there is alot of diffrrent ways.. this just works for me. ****

i started with 1 and now have 3 tubs

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info. Goin to buy supplies today may bother u all if I get stuck lol

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks for the help think I know what I'm doing now. Will let u know how it goes. Really sorry to hear about your dog. Me n my k9 are very close so can imagine what your goin through. Please let me know how the surgery goes.

Your very welcome I haven't bought dubia in 2 years so it can be done you just really need to get extra feeders while your colony gets going.. So make sure you get 2 tubs and put your breeders and the next ones to become breeders in 1 tote then your feeders to get you to the point your breeders are producing to support your dragon.. I left mine alone only going in to change food/water crystals and veggies for 8 weeks.. that means no peaking lol

Like I mentioned my post should cover what you need to get them going and I got my starter colony from a member here sixofwandstatoo he also has a fb page (if he's still doing them I'm not sure) Arizona roach farm and also discountdubia

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Oh and thank you for your well wishes on Jax her surgery went very well full cruciate tear on her left just a year and a half post her right kneecap wouldn't stay in place so she had surgery then 3 weeks later had to go back in as a bone piece popped off.. lol so we are unfortunately not new to this... Not looking forward to the next 3 months of strict strict restrictions. we pick her up tomorrow 1pm