• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Driftwood from a Snake Tank?

mjfreaks

Hatchling Dragon
i recently acquired a 40 gal terrranium and it came with a low flat rock, a cut garden pot for a low hideout. A red heatbulb and a Zilla strip uv lamp.(never used)
My concern is can i clean his drift wood as i normally would with vingear or bleach. Get off any dust? Has spider webs on it but Im guessing from collecting dust etc. not sure how long it went unused but i wanna use it
Im cleaning the tank today but I was just wondering about the driftwood piece
But new or clean it and my beardie will love it?

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi, yeah just clean it, but dont use bleach. Use plain boiling water and soak it, you can use the stuff you get for sterilising babies bottles if you want. Let it dry in the sun or in the oven, just dont leave it in too long.

grayliz

Bearded Dragon Egg
With driftwood probably the oven is easiest. adjust bake it on 200 for maybe five to ten minutes. But keep an eye on it.