• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Double bulb fuxture

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello,
this is a legit question if you’ve been following my threads concerning uvb bulbs. I’ve searched and couldn’t find what I’m looking for. Would you go with a double bulb fixture, or a single? And Arcadia 6%, 12% or 14%uvb? I’ve read that 12% is suitable for a 4x2x2 enclosure. Just making sure. Thanks.

N W

Juvenile Dragon
Should I have gone with the 30” hood/bulb combo instead? Thanks again.
I think 36 is a good length for that size enclosure, but the bulb that comes with that hood is a T5 5.0 and I think that is not strong enough to provide enough UVB. I always see the 10.0 bulbs mentioned.
Maybe someone else can weigh in for sure because I am still new at this.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I think 36 is a good length for that size enclosure, but the bulb that comes with that hood is a T5 5.0 and I think that is not strong enough to provide enough UVB. I always see the 10.0 bulbs mentioned.
Maybe someone else can weigh in for sure because I am still new at this.
Hey, the bulb i bought separately to go with the hood is the 10.0 UVB T5 HO. Like you said, the bulb that came with the hood itself is 5.0 T5 HO.
The 10.0 UVB will do then? Just making sure.thanks much