• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Doesy baby beardie look healthy?

Aequipondium

Bearded Dragon Egg
I recently got a young beardie, he's been eating and drinking well, his stool looks good and there's nothing that really worries me. I just want a second opinion from you guys.

Attachments

• IMG_20220617_171918.jpg
    IMG_20220617_171918.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20220617_171927.jpg
    IMG_20220617_171927.jpg
    934.4 KB · Views: 27

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I recently got a young beardie, he's been eating and drinking well, his stool looks good and there's nothing that really worries me. I just want a second opinion from you guys.
Aww he is really tiny---- make sure you have the correct UVB and surface basking temps for him --- NO coils of any kind for a UVB -- and your getting surface basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer 105-110--- those are the MOST important thing in your tank --- its going to keep him healthy and eating ---- if these things are off he will quit eating and wont grow correctly --- if you need help getting the UVB I can recommend good UVB's for you -- they are NOT all the same --- I can help you set the UVB up for your tank as well they have certain distance and placement depending on the screen on the tank -- and hes shedding

Aequipondium

Bearded Dragon Egg
Aww he is really tiny---- make sure you have the correct UVB and surface basking temps for him --- NO coils of any kind for a UVB -- and your getting surface basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer 105-110--- those are the MOST important thing in your tank --- its going to keep him healthy and eating ---- if these things are off he will quit eating and wont grow correctly --- if you need help getting the UVB I can recommend good UVB's for you -- they are NOT all the same --- I can help you set the UVB up for your tank as well they have certain distance and placement depending on the screen on the tank -- and hes shedding
My uvb is a Arcadia Desert Reptile Pro T5 kit 39W 12% UVB, i don't know fahrenheit but the basking spot is 45 degrees, the mid is 32 degrees and the cold place is 26 degrees celsius.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My uvb is a Arcadia Desert Reptile Pro T5 kit 39W 12% UVB, i don't know fahrenheit but the basking spot is 45 degrees, the mid is 32 degrees and the cold place is 26 degrees celsius.
Ok great UVB -- do you have it in the tank or top of screen? The temps are pretty good the 45 is 113 F pretty warm I would get it down to 40 C tops and the cool side is good -- middle of tank 32 C or in that range -- she should do good as long as the UVB is properly placed for the tank

Aequipondium

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok great UVB -- do you have it in the tank or top of screen? The temps are pretty good the 45 is 113 F pretty warm I would get it down to 40 C tops and the cool side is good -- middle of tank 32 C or in that range -- she should do good as long as the UVB is properly placed for the tank
I'll get some pictures of the tank asap

Aequipondium

Bearded Dragon Egg
So, this is the tank;

Attachments

• IMG_20220617_184008.jpg
    IMG_20220617_184008.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 25

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So, this is the tank;
Nice tank set up -- distance from the UVB to his basking should be around 12-15 inches --- are you getting surface basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer? those are the most accurate -- if so he should thrive -- make sure you change your UVB bulb out in approx 1 year I recommend a month before

Aequipondium

Bearded Dragon Egg
Nice tank set up -- distance from the UVB to his basking should be around 12-15 inches --- are you getting surface basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer? those are the most accurate -- if so he should thrive -- make sure you change your UVB bulb out in approx 1 year I recommend a month before
Yeah it's about that distance. I use a Evo Connected 3 to monitor the temperatures

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, connected to a display on top, lemme take a picture
Ok that's good - take one of those probes place on the spot where he basks- 10 min or so that's going to give you a accurate surface basking temp -

Latest posts