• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does this look okay?

Smiley39

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all,

Just wanted to check into see if anyone see any glaring safety hazards in this set up?

I am moving the terrarium onto a desk shortly so it will be up off the other tank.

Attachments

• E55449E2-E1C9-46EB-AF9A-99ABECC2F5EE.jpeg
    E55449E2-E1C9-46EB-AF9A-99ABECC2F5EE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 129
  • 93DCA608-FEF1-472A-AFF6-B85487D38B82.jpeg
    93DCA608-FEF1-472A-AFF6-B85487D38B82.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 127
  • 3748EB3C-571A-402D-AAC4-26574D85DA9D.jpeg
    3748EB3C-571A-402D-AAC4-26574D85DA9D.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 126

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
A couple of things jump out to me right off. First, you want your UVB and basking light side-by-side, both shining down together on the basking spot. Second, you want your UVB covering at least half the tank.

Smiley39

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ah, yes! Thank you! I have a second dome to put next to the basking light, just need to run across the street for a bulb.

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
Your tube light is a UVB, right? Or is your UVB a coil in the dome? If so, what is in the tube hood?

Smiley39

Bearded Dragon Egg
The hood is UVB but I was going to add a second done. One dome with a basking light, one dome with a UVB.

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
You don't want a compact or coil uvb. Neither one puts out much UVB, and they can actually be harmful to your beardy's eyes. You want the uvb tube beside the heat dome. Which UVB tube do you have?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm with Janelle the only thing I see that is an issue is putting the UVB closer to the basking bulb. Coil bulbs can hurt their eyes so I wouldn't put one in and the compact fluorescent ones don't give off enough UVB to be beneficial especially over a screen. I would just move the fixtures closer together. If you want to light your cool side, just use an LED bulb to add extra light.

I had to laugh at the surge protecter with not much on it. In my reptile room, we have 4 surge/timers and all four of them are loaded with stuff. At one point we had a surge protecter plugged into a surge protector LOL