• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does the Reptisun 10.0 really last a year?

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
I recently got Mars a new 22" Zoo Med Reptisun 10.0 T5. I usually follow the general rule of changing the uvb every six months. But zoo med claims this bulb can last a year. Can it really, or should I still do it every six months, just to be safe?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I recently got Mars a new 22" Zoo Med Reptisun 10.0 T5. I usually follow the general rule of changing the uvb every six months. But zoo med claims this bulb can last a year. Can it really, or should I still do it every six months, just to be safe?
Does it say that on the box? Or are u going off information someone said, I personally remove uvb one month before the box says.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hmm must be new, if ur lights are on for a 12 hour photo period, id maybe do 8 months just to be safe, the second they turn on they start to degrade soo….

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Im trying to get more understanding of uvb, and im saving up for a solar meter 275$+ , ill have some more conclusive results on this site sooner or later.

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
Hmm must be new, if ur lights are on for a 12 hour photo period, id maybe do 8 months just to be safe, the second they turn on they start to degrade soo….
I leave mine on for 14 hours, because it works best for my schedule. So I guess I'll just keep doing 6 months

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have 2 Arcadia bulbs they are the same as a T 5 and change mine out one month prior to a year- my dragons lights are on 12 hrs give or take a few- it does say on the box -- the T 8's need to be changed out in 6 months I recommend one month prior to

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Arcadias last longer, you gotta replace your ReptiSun every six months.

I just make sure to order to bulbs a time for each dragon so I always have a year supply so I don't have to bother.