• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does he look healthy?

Bcopley2003

Bearded Dragon Egg
I know his cage is dirty, but does he look healthy? I’m new to Beardies and I just want to make sure I’m doing right by him. Thanks :)

also any suggestions on things that could be improved

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 25

Rusty

Juvenile Dragon
I know his cage is dirty, but does he look healthy? I’m new to Beardies and I just want to make sure I’m doing right by him. Thanks :)

He is a little fatty patty :) looks healthy, but you could spruce up his tank even upgrade size, they like to climb (not too high) they like spots to hide different places to lounge and even a hammock to swing on,
But lights and temps is most important, every thing else is personal.

Rusty

Juvenile Dragon
He is a little fatty patty :) looks healthy, but you could spruce up his tank even upgrade size, they like to climb (not too high) they like spots to hide different places to lounge and even a hammock to swing on,
But lights and temps is most important, every thing else is personal.
I see your tank is big actually, just some nice homey touches fir your baby

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Please get two digital thermometers - you need to be able to get accurate basking temps- 95-100 for an adult place the probe where he sits for basking wait 10 min get temp it does not need to stay there but needs to be spot checked every now and then - as suggested some nice things to climb on check out Petsmart they have great decor for dragons and easy to clean -- you need a piece of decor directly under your UVB and if the screen is a fine mesh it needs to be unobstructed --- if its a WIDE hole and it must be a wide hole it can stay on top but you need a piece of decor as well under it w/ a distance of 8-10 inches --- this is crucial for your dragon -- those basking temps and UVB are EXTREMELY important-- also please get your tank cleaned -- they can get all kinds of skin issues w/ dirty tanks --- not to be rude or nothing but just cautionary -- if your looking for something easier to keep clean try some textured NON adhesive shelf liner you can get it at Walmart or you local home improvement store clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50

Beardie Lover

Juvenile Dragon
100% agree with Sadie. Please clean ur tank. He is a little chunky, but overall looks pretty healthy.

Bcopley2003

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please get two digital thermometers - you need to be able to get accurate basking temps- 95-100 for an adult place the probe where he sits for basking wait 10 min get temp it does not need to stay there but needs to be spot checked every now and then - as suggested some nice things to climb on check out Petsmart they have great decor for dragons and easy to clean -- you need a piece of decor directly under your UVB and if the screen is a fine mesh it needs to be unobstructed --- if its a WIDE hole and it must be a wide hole it can stay on top but you need a piece of decor as well under it w/ a distance of 8-10 inches --- this is crucial for your dragon -- those basking temps and UVB are EXTREMELY important-- also please get your tank cleaned -- they can get all kinds of skin issues w/ dirty tanks --- not to be rude or nothing but just cautionary -- if your looking for something easier to keep clean try some textured NON adhesive shelf liner you can get it at Walmart or you local home improvement store clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50
Can you elaborate on what you were talking about with the screen mesh and the hole? I’m just a little confused by the wording? So I just need to get some things to go under the uvb in the back so he can sit under it? Thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can you elaborate on what you were talking about with the screen mesh and the hole? I’m just a little confused by the wording? So I just need to get some things to go under the uvb in the back so he can sit under it? Thanks
Post a pic of the screen for me from the top so I can see it then I can let you know

Rusty

Juvenile Dragon
She is asking about the lid on the tank,
If it's a wide mesh the light passes easier without blocking rays, fine mesh, will block some of the uvb, so u would need to remove the screen under the light.