• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

do you have unwanted beardies?????

Brandon Parrott

Bearded Dragon Egg
will be happy to take on any unwanted beardies just let me know where you are from and we will sort something out thanks.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
May be a good idea to properly house & take care of the ones that you have, before offering to take others. Like jumping out of the pot into the fire.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
HiYa Brandon!:)
I had seen your posts this morning and am wondering if you might tell us a little more about what you can offer any "unwanted beardies" and perhaps some more about your experience with them. While I think that is a fantastic thing that you are enthusiastic and a "beardie person" and willing to help out with providing a homes for dragons that folks might unfortunately have changed their minds in having or perhaps can no longer take proper care of, the most important thing is that the dragon doesn't jump out of one not good situation and into another. This is not saying by any means that you can't provide a wonderful home for them. And in fact I would love nothing better than to see qualified people always on the spot be able to take in any dragons that are in need. The world would be a greater place were that the case for sure.:D

So far since you have joined our family this morning I have seen very little about you..I am hoping to get to know more. Your post in joining was in question to your current pair of beardies that you are housing together in a single enclosure which is truly not in their best interest as far as safety goes and as Germ pointed out you are currently attempting to breed the pair you have eventhough they are a bit young at 10 months of age to be breeding.
You can I'm sure see why we might have cause for alarm given that's all we have seen.
In my personal home I house and care for a great number of different species of reptiles as well as non reptiles and I can tell you from that experience that it is a different world altogether when you take on multiples of any animal that will be totally dependent on you alone to care for and maintain.

Having one as most people soon find out is more than they bargained for and initially thought it would be if they want to make sure they are doing everything right...double that as you are currently trying to do is a big step again and each time one adds to the family the responsibility becomes greater and greater. Food bills, Enclosure Costs, Electric bills, Vet Bills...these all dramatically increased with each step taken and also the ability to give each and every single one the one on one time they need.

So I will re-state my request for you to give us a bit more info about you and how you can take on that care properly..Again I do think it admirable of you to offer a home but I am sure that you will get more response to your offer and that those folks needed to find a home for their beloved beardie will feel much better about the home he will be going to knowing that someone is going to give their beardie all that he needs to have a happy and long life in a place where he is loved.

Thanks, Welcome to the BDF Family and look forward to hearing from you and Enjoy Your Day:D

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
and how do you know that im not then dont jump to assumptions?

Brandon...nobody here assumes anything...we try to offer the best help we can, based on the experiences that we have had in order to help get folks the right info they need to proper care for their dragon...we can only do this if we have all the info we need to give that help.

Brandon Parrott

Bearded Dragon Egg
thanks yes i can totally understand what you are saying and my bearded dragons are in perfect health they have only mated once that i know of and therefore im not trying to breed them it just happens but other than that i can assure you the safety of my dragons is analysed and watched closely. There is always somebody in my house to keep an eye on them so if anything were to happen (even though it wouldnt) there would be someone on hand.

Also yes i do want to take on more beardies not because i can boast about having copious amount of reptiles but because i am fasinated by beardies as they almost have a sense of companionship between each other. I am not the only carer for my dragons my uncle has had alot of years experience in handling reptiles such as pythons, gecko's and other bearded dragons and therefore he will always pass advice to me.

i can assure that if anybody needed a new home for their dragon i could meet the needs and interests of him/her, i am a very organised and systematic person andf therefore im the kind of person who has to feed there dragons at a particular time of the day (OCD if you like). I never meant to cause a bad impression i just have such a passion and fascination for reptiles, many thanks.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks for filling us in and I think that you will find that I as well as most of the other folks that are part of this community whole=heartedly share your enthusiasm and passion for these amazing creatures. And I am glad to know that you have your Uncle on hand to asisst you with his experience as well.
I might suggest however that you do a bit more research for yourself on bearded dragons as they are not by nature communal animals and spend most of their time in the wild alone and prefer it that way. They do come together for short periods of time to mate but they to not enjoy continued companionship with other dragons. It is like a loaded gun and in one moment they appear to be even cuddly with another dragon and in the next they will lash out..more times than not the results are devasting ending in serious bodily harm or even death to the other.
I believe that Germ gave you a very good link to a video exactly pertaining to this and you should watch it as well as look at other articles about co-habitation of bearded dragons on the Net.
It's benefits are nil when compared to the risks you are taking in doing so even for a lil while.
A lot of folks mistake the fact that beardies are communal because they are very docile creatures and can be handled easily but the truth of the fact is that with their human companions they only tolerate being handled.
Anyway, do some more research and shout out if you have any more questions and I would also have a serious talk with your Uncle about the time and effort it takes to provide the right things when taking care of several...feeding is only one requirement..there is a lot more to it.
Should you still decide that you both want to can meet all the responsiblities in taking on more bearded this forum is filled with experienceand advice at your disposal so take some time to get to know folks and them you...it will be time well spent I assure you:)

Josh Suchovsky

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am new here and looking to get a bearded dragon I am looking first to see if I can rescue one I just want to put that out there I’m in California