• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Do dragons get gas?

ButterDiesel

Bearded Dragon Egg
New owner on my second dragon, first one wasn't a healthy from the jump. My question is do bearded dragons get gas? Mine seems to be burping. He'll be breathing normally then seem to take a deep breath and then slightly puff out his neck and open his mouth. Just visualize a dog or child if you watch them burp if that helps. Is this a normal thing? And I know I'll be asked so he's in a 40 gallon tank, one heat lamp for basking, a 24" T5 Reptisun 10.0 mounted inside the tank with no cover. Basking areas and cool side are within spec for temperatures.

ButterDiesel

Bearded Dragon Egg
I think he's on the end of a shed because I found a good chunk of old skin on the floor of his tank, and rubbing his face on the fake rock. I'll keep an eye out though, I'm probably wrong since I've never had an animal that sheds. I seriously thought he had indigestion lol. Thanks for the reply.