• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

DIY Roach chow

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
Watched a lot of videos about homemade roach food. I’m staying away from cat,dog food. Staying away from calcium, I’ll dust later. But I was at the store getting the ingredients and I saw sunflower kernels. Looks kind of healthy to mix in the blender. Has anyone tried it before or is it bad for my beardie down the road somehow.

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Just feed them vegetables your scraps left over from your beardie or gutload them with something your beardie might not particularly eat so when he eats the roaches he gets the vitamins from what the Roach prioly ate hense gut loading. I even toss in a orange once on a while it counts as food and hydration they'll eat mushrooms etc all that Dubia diet is high dolla marketing bs

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Toss a potato in there little Mutli vitamin powder on it in the bin the colony will explode Real Veggies and fruits are better then the processed and dried dubia diets. What your feeders eats your reptile also does. Dogfood is high in protien and can cause problems like gout in beardies amongst other things like fatty liver diesease