• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

DIY light reflector?

Trekkiegoat

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is there a way to make your own light reflector? I have reptisun 10.0 t5 bulb in a hoodless fixture, but have read that a hood is important. I can't afford a new fixture right now, so I was hoping there's a way I could make my own until I can get a new fixture with a hood.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is there a way to make your own light reflector? I have reptisun 10.0 t5 bulb in a hoodless fixture, but have read that a hood is important. I can't afford a new fixture right now, so I was hoping there's a way I could make my own until I can get a new fixture with a hood.
Putting tin foil behind the bulb but I am not sure how to do that w/ out the hood --- here is a place you can get the hood https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html
I dont know what bulb you have but you can look there and they are fast and good shipping is reasonable $7