• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Discoid roaches

Aerries

Hatchling Dragon
So maybe I missed the post/sticky somewhere but what is the ideal enclosure, food, temps and overall conditions to keep these guys alive and well? I currently have 100 of them coming to me from Joes Bugz and have never kept them before...so any advice would be great! Like I know with crickets are easy for me, potatoes greens and water soaked paper towels kept them alive and well for me for the two weeks with 1000 for my two dragons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
So maybe I missed the post/sticky somewhere but what is the ideal enclosure, food, temps and overall conditions to keep these guys alive and well? I currently have 100 of them coming to me from Joes Bugz and have never kept them before...so any advice would be great! Like I know with crickets are easy for me, potatoes greens and water soaked paper towels kept them alive and well for me for the two weeks with 1000 for my two dragons.

may sound random, but were you the person on here a few days ago that was trying to find a dish for roaches? i know someone was

Aerries

Hatchling Dragon
may sound random, but were you the person on here a few days ago that was trying to find a dish for roaches? i know someone was

Nah, I would just be dropping them into the enclosure and let them hunt for their food

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They are fast and they hide well..
Roaches can live in the same type of container as crickets, egg cartons, greens/veggies like your dragon, ventilation, heat, darkness.
You said you just drop them in to your enclosure that's fine, with the crickets make sure none are left inside the enclosure overnight as they nibble on sleeping dragons causing wounds.

Aerries

Hatchling Dragon
They are fast and they hide well..
Roaches can live in the same type of container as crickets, egg cartons, greens/veggies like your dragon, ventilation, heat, darkness.
You said you just drop them in to your enclosure that's fine, with the crickets make sure none are left inside the enclosure overnight as they nibble on sleeping dragons causing wounds.

Yea that I know about the crickets, I make sure they eat everything before lights out.