• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

dirty bearded dragon teeth

Guinea_Pig

Hatchling Dragon
Hi, this is my bearded dragon Megumi. she's a little over a year old (I think. I bought her at the reptile expo as a baby last October.). Her staple diet consists of mealworms, kale, and cockroaches occasionally. I also feed her fruits and vegetables. her favorite treat is cilantro from my garden. I noticed just now that her teeth are a little dirty. is there anything I can do to clean them? Do I need to?
C77983F2-740E-4D08-99F5-DD7CB0641BF8.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, this is my bearded dragon Megumi. she's a little over a year old (I think. I bought her at the reptile expo as a baby last October.). Her staple diet consists of mealworms, kale, and cockroaches occasionally. I also feed her fruits and vegetables. her favorite treat is cilantro from my garden. I noticed just now that her teeth are a little dirty. is there anything I can do to clean them? Do I need to? View attachment 32848
Soft baby toothbrush clean w/ some maxi gel guard

Guinea_Pig

Hatchling Dragon
Soft baby toothbrush clean w/ some maxi gel guard
ok, so I obviously don't have the cleaning gel yet, so I tried scrubbing her teeth with a baby toothbrush and then a cotton swab just dipped in water. She tolerated the cotton swab, but didn't really like the toothbrush. The buildup on her teeth wasn't wanting to come off. I'm scared to death it could be the beginning stages of periodontal disease. Her gums and everything still look fine, but I noticed the buildup on her top teeth too. She's still eating totally normally though.

IMG_6940.jpg
IMG_6936.jpg
IMG_6930.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ok, so I obviously don't have the cleaning gel yet, so I tried scrubbing her teeth with a baby toothbrush and then a cotton swab just dipped in water. She tolerated the cotton swab, but didn't really like the toothbrush. The buildup on her teeth wasn't wanting to come off. I'm scared to death it could be the beginning stages of periodontal disease. Her gums and everything still look fine, but I noticed the buildup on her top teeth too. She's still eating totally normally though.

View attachment 32853View attachment 32854View attachment 32855
Get some of the gel and see if that helps getting it off -- usually the hard shell on the roaches can keep that stuff off -- let me know how it goes --- if your still having a hard time w/ it I will have someone look at her and see what they think