• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dig box

Iwantabeardie

Hatchling Dragon
I have a forest across the street from my house that is very big and I am 100% sure no chemicals were ever sprayed there. There are some deer, squirrels, bunnies, and birds that live there, but that's it. Would the dirt from that forest be safe for making a dig box for my beardie? He is 7-9 months old. If I can use that dirt should I wet it first so he is able to make tunnels etc? If I can't use dirt what is my next cheapest option? Thanks!

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
I'd be more concerned with bacteria or fungal contamination. I've heard of people using the calcicand from pet stores successfully

Iwantabeardie

Hatchling Dragon
I know but I don't want this dig box to be full of sand because then the beardie can't make tunnels. I'd rather something more diggable if you know what I mean.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If you want something that isn't sand I would suggest using 75% Eco Earth plus 25% sand. It doesn't get super humid but they can still make tunnels in it.

Iwantabeardie

Hatchling Dragon
When you say sand do you mean playsand like I would get from home depot? Also can I replace ecoearth with regular dirt?