• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Diet percentage

RengNezu

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all

I was wondering what would be the percentage diet for 5 months old beardie? Is it 70% insects 30% veggies? And how much dubia roaches should i give per day?

Thanks everyone

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all

I was wondering what would be the percentage diet for 5 months old beardie? Is it 70% insects 30% veggies? And how much dubia roaches should i give per day?

Thanks everyone
Hi there

Offer salads every morning first thing w/ some BSFL if he needs to be lured to the bowl - dust your dubias 5 x per week w/ calcium D3 if your going to feed the BSFL as well do not dust them they are calcium enriched vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week especially if he is not a big salad eater - he should be eating a little salad at least if hes a big salad eater you are lucky a lot of them wont eat salads - feed as many as you want w/ the BSFL they are great staple for babies - the dubias I would add to the bowl after a hour or so I would start off w/ 10-15 or so if he eats them all you can add more -if your feeding smaller dubias hes going to eat more if your feeding the right size for him he will eat less but please do not feed any insect bigger than the space between his eyes - the size of the roach your feeding will determine how many he eats and how many other insects like the BSFL - you can get some medium super worms as well add 1-3 every other day to the salad bowl another lure to that bowl - we want him eating those salads even a little hes main diet is protein at this point when he turns about a year old or so that is going to flip to where he is mainly eating salads and less protein - 2-3 times per week - and your UVB will determine how often to dust the insects as well - of your using a long tube fixture of which I am hoping you are like a T 5 then the dusting of the calcium is going to get cut back as well
here is a good bowl to keep those insects in like the BSFL it will also keep the small - medium dubias in too the large dubias ehh not so much https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
horn worms are a good treat worm too and a good hydrating worm
oh and if you rinse your salads and hes eating them the salad will keep him hydrated as well