• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Diet advice

MybeardieMushu

Hatchling Dragon
Hey guys, I don’t know how old my bearded dragon is is but a week ago she stopped eating. A couple of days ago I switched the UV bulb from a coil to a bar because I thought it would help in her diet. She still hasn’t eaten any crickets or meal worms or collard greens. I included a picture of her because I thought she was looking super skinny. Any advice on what I should do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 58

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey guys, I don’t know how old my bearded dragon is is but a week ago she stopped eating. A couple of days ago I switched the UV bulb from a coil to a bar because I thought it would help in her diet. She still hasn’t eaten any crickets or meal worms or collard greens. I included a picture of her because I thought she was looking super skinny. Any advice on what I should do?
Yes she does not look good --- you need to keep her hydrated --- either by bathing or dropping water on her nose they wont eat w/ out hydration --- the UVB tell me what it is so I can help you place it ---

MybeardieMushu

Hatchling Dragon
Yes she does not look good --- you need to keep her hydrated --- either by bathing or dropping water on her nose they wont eat w/ out hydration --- the UVB tell me what it is so I can help you place it ---
I give her a bath every day and I drip water on her head she drinks water about every other day. I included a pic of her 40 gallon tank and a pic of the uv bulb box.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 41

MybeardieMushu

Hatchling Dragon
I give her a bath every day and I drip water on her head she drinks water about every other day. I included a pic of her 40 gallon tank and a pic of the uv bulb box.
Here is also a pic I took this morning of her drinking water when I gave her a bath
here is also a pic I took this morning of her drinking water when I gave her a bath

Attachments

• D5FF3D0F-20B5-41B0-B7A9-B21D3ECFE0F1.jpeg
    D5FF3D0F-20B5-41B0-B7A9-B21D3ECFE0F1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok so this is what I need you to do go to petsmart or petco where ever you got that light from and get this Reptisun 10.0 T 8 bulb and get rid of the bulb thats in that fixture --- then you need to place the fixture / hood in the tank if there is a cover over that bulb on the fixture/ hood take it off and leave it off when you get the new bulb -- your dragon is getting little to NO UVB and they will not eat w/ out it --- please get this bulb replaced ASAP---it needs to be placed in the tank approx 6-8 inchs directly above her basking decor -- you can use these to hang w/ 3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire – long plastic zip ties-- fishing line -- potted plant wire hangers or these its like a Velcro strap you will need to cut in strips they work great I use them in my tanks for my UVB hoods https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195
in the mean time you can get some baby food squash mix w some baby food chicken mix w / a little dash of calcium powder in it w/ some water so its kinda of soupy and try and get her to eat off the spoon --- please get this bulb replaced ASAP she needs it ---

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here is also a pic I took this morning of her drinking water when I gave her a bath

here is also a pic I took this morning of her drinking water when I gave her a bath
Ok good shes drinking -- let me know when you get this bub and if you need anymore help please ask

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Also, your very knowledgeable are you a vet or a herpetologist?
No no vet just learned alot from others on another forum that have had beardies for 20+ years and also from a vet tech -- the bulb what size is in the fixture now --- get the length I am thinking the 18 " will work since the fixture is a 20 but look at your box it will tell you the length of the bulb I am thinking

MybeardieMushu

Hatchling Dragon
No no vet just learned alot from others on another forum that have had beardies for 20+ years and also from a vet tech -- the bulb what size is in the fixture now --- get the length I am thinking the 18 " will work since the fixture is a 20 but look at your box it will tell you the length of the bulb I am thinking
Ok thank you very much! I will get the bulb tonight

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I looked closer at the box its a 18" bulb get the Reptisun 10.0 T 8 let me know when you get it

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She mostly just sits in her basking area. But when I take her out she runs around a little bit. I am going to the store in an hour to get the UVB bulb
Ok we may haft to go to a different plan but as long as she's got energy and not getting to weak we may not haft to- have you fed her? She needs food in her

MybeardieMushu

Hatchling Dragon
Ok we may haft to go to a different plan but as long as she's got energy and not getting to weak we may not haft to- have you fed her? She needs food in her
I’ll offer her food every night, but she haven’t taken any in a week. She also has dried fruit and vegetables in her Terrarium

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ll offer her food every night, but she haven’t taken any in a week. She also has dried fruit and vegetables in her Terrarium
Ok shes not going to eat until all the lighting in the tank is correct ----- meaning correct basking temps and correct UVB and placement-- she is getting sicker by the day until these things are corrected ---- go to the store get the UVB bulb make sure you have a digital probe to get correct basking temps ---- she wont last much longer w/ the way she is looking ---- please do this ASAP ---- please post when you get the stuff I have recommended so I can help you get that UVB placed ----- she needs a good staple feeder like crickets or dubia roaches I recommend those get her some BSFL so they can be used as salad toppers -- see if the petstore has phoenix worms calci worms also known as BSFL--- she should be fed salads every morning w/ the BSFL on top along w/ the staple feeder insect - those should be dusted 5 x per week once per feeding and vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week once per feeding ---

MybeardieMushu

Hatchling Dragon
Ok shes not going to eat until all the lighting in the tank is correct ----- meaning correct basking temps and correct UVB and placement-- she is getting sicker by the day until these things are corrected ---- go to the store get the UVB bulb make sure you have a digital probe to get correct basking temps ---- she wont last much longer w/ the way she is looking ---- please do this ASAP ---- please post when you get the stuff I have recommended so I can help you get that UVB placed ----- she needs a good staple feeder like crickets or dubia roaches I recommend those get her some BSFL so they can be used as salad toppers -- see if the petstore has phoenix worms calci worms also known as BSFL--- she should be fed salads every morning w/ the BSFL on top along w/ the staple feeder insect - those should be dusted 5 x per week once per feeding and vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week once per feeding ---
Ok, should I put the salad with the worms on top then just put in on the floor of her cage every morning? And then give her crickets also every morning?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok, should I put the salad with the worms on top then just put in on the floor of her cage every morning? And then give her crickets also every morning?
Yes you can hand feed the worms use as many as you want they are a great staple feeder they are small do not dust them they are calcium enriched- www.symptonbsf.com you will need a glass or ceramic bowl so they cannot get out--- I am going to post more websites for insects / worms later-