• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dex and I had a little adventure! :)

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Took Dex outside and sat with him on my lap for about a half hour on our deck. Aside from once or twice last year (he was too little for a harness so I held him and he didn't get down) when he was a baby he hasn’t been outside. By the time he was big enough full winter was on.

Guy was mesmerized. He had his harness on just in case, but he didn’t move off my lap. That’s a first. I wouldn’t have let him down anyway as there’s still tons of snow on the ground, but we’ve got a bit of a heat wave going and it was like 68 degrees. Warmer with the sun beating down where we were sitting. (Hot enough I had to take off my sweatshirt).

As soon as we hit the chair he flattened his middle and turned very dark. He certainly was soaking up the rays. Lol It was interesting to see his color lighten the longer he sat with me. The whole time his head was up and his head and eyeballs just a goin’. He wasn’t sure where to look first. Lol He rotated himself a few times on my lap just to make sure he was seeing everything. I had to laugh when he completely went flat and tried to hide when a bird flew by. Then back up and his head and eyes continued. He’d sometimes go all still and alert if he spotted something. Almost like he was determining if he could pounce and eat. Lol

All in all it was as entertaining for me as him. Can’t wait until we can go exploring together outside. Think I’ve had his harness forever and not been able to use it. Gah! He’s such an adventurous guy we’re going to have a blast!

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I love it when a bird flys by and my beardie kicks out her back legs and “trys” to look like a stick, you should offer a couple bugs next hes out :) i bet he’d love a snack n some sun , every now and again ill pluck a dandelion for steffern and she’ll gobble it up (we dont spray for bugs or weeds)

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I love it when a bird flys by and my beardie kicks out her back legs and “trys” to look like a stick, you should offer a couple bugs next hes out :) i bet he’d love a snack n some sun , every now and again ill pluck a dandelion for steffern and she’ll gobble it up (we dont spray for bugs or weeds)
hahahahahaha Can see her now. "Think stick, think stick. Nothing here birdie but a stick. Go about your business."

Dex didn't stick his legs back but he did try a good impression of being invisible. Every part of his body went flat like he was trying to become a part of my legs. He didn't pick his head back up til I stopped laughing, touched his chin, and spoke to him. hahahahaha

We don't spray either. Wouldn't do us any good. lol We're in the middle of the woods. Nature will prevail out here. I might try a few pieces of dandelion flower when we get out and explore. We have quite a few patches of clover, too. Thinking he might light to sit out in the middle of a patch. :)

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
hahahahahaha Can see her now. "Think stick, think stick. Nothing here birdie but a stick. Go about your business."

Dex didn't stick his legs back but he did try a good impression of being invisible. Every part of his body went flat like he was trying to become a part of my legs. He didn't pick his head back up til I stopped laughing, touched his chin, and spoke to him. hahahahaha

We don't spray either. Wouldn't do us any good. lol We're in the middle of the woods. Nature will prevail out here. I might try a few pieces of dandelion flower when we get out and explore. We have quite a few patches of clover, too. Thinking he might light to sit out in the middle of a patch. :)
Same! its cool living near a forest i can just make my own hides and basking spots, im waiting on a electric chainsaw to get here so i can make some more for my zenhab when that gets here, did u say ur getting a new enclosure for dex?

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Same! its cool living near a forest i can just make my own hides and basking spots, im waiting on a electric chainsaw to get here so i can make some more for my zenhab when that gets here, did u say ur getting a new enclosure for dex?
I luv where we live. No neighbors, except the wildlife. lol I just get hubby to get me what I want with his saw. Yup, Dex is getting an upgrade. Not 100% ready yet, but decided to go with one of the pagoda ones. I really like them. :)