• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

deep heat projector for basking ?

dan144

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi guys. I'm just wondering if it's possible to use this bulb for basking? it's not producing any visible light, is it ok by itself?
or do i need add another bulb with visible light next to it? Sorry if my English is not clear enough (I'm working on it) LOL

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hi guys. I'm just wondering if it's possible to use this bulb for basking? it's not producing any visible light, is it ok by itself?
or do i need add another bulb with visible light next to it? Sorry if my English is not clear enough (I'm working on it) LOL
You need a bright white basking bulb for basking that keeps temps 105-110 for a baby taken w/ a digital probe thermometer 95-100 for juvies / adults -- a projector for heat would need to be used at night if your temps are falling below 65 -- if they are not getting that low you do not need it

dan144

Bearded Dragon Egg
You need a bright white basking bulb for basking that keeps temps 105-110 for a baby taken w/ a digital probe thermometer 95-100 for juvies / adults -- a projector for heat would need to be used at night if your temps are falling below 65 -- if they are not getting that low you do not need it
thank u for the response. but if i want to use it for the day time.. and not night time is it ok to use it? (
It reaches the right temperature) I'm just wondering if i need to add some visible light close to it..

dan144

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi guys. I'm just wondering if it's possible to use this bulb for basking? (DHP by arcadia) it's not producing any visible light, is it ok by itself?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
thank u for the response. but if i want to use it for the day time.. and not night time is it ok to use it? (
It reaches the right temperature) I'm just wondering if i need to add some visible light close to it..
You can use it if you need it to get your temps up- but you want the bright white basking bulb--- your trying to mimic the sun a long w/ your UVB- the basking bulb starts digestion and UVB helps absorb/ synethsize the calcium he's eating

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hi guys. I'm just wondering if it's possible to use this bulb for basking? (DHP by arcadia) it's not producing any visible light, is it ok by itself?
A heat projector is not good for basking--- you want a bright white basking bulb--- the basking bulb starts digestion- the UVB helps absorb / synethsize the calcium he's eating - you want to mimic the sun

dan144

Bearded Dragon Egg
You can use it if you need it to get your temps up- but you want the bright white basking bulb--- your trying to mimic the sun a long w/ your UVB- the basking bulb starts digestion and UVB helps absorb/ synethsize the calcium he's eating
alrighty. thank you so much