• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Deep cleaning a used Bearded Dragon cage?

KeBEARDIE

Hatchling Dragon
So I’ve just recently gotten a used 75g for my Bearded Dragon and I was debating on what was the best way on deep cleaning it since there’s a ton of confusing information online saying this is bad but this is good I just really want a definite answer on what I should use, the tank itself looks clean but I don’t want to take any chances since I don’t know where the heck this tank has been previously so if anyone could help me on this one I’d appreciate it, thanks!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I’ve just recently gotten a used 75g for my Bearded Dragon and I was debating on what was the best way on deep cleaning it since there’s a ton of confusing information online saying this is bad but this is good I just really want a definite answer on what I should use, the tank itself looks clean but I don’t want to take any chances since I don’t know where the heck this tank has been previously so if anyone could help me on this one I’d appreciate it, thanks!
Please get some F10 it's a vet disinfectant and is very good - it's a concentrate so you will need to mix it- it's great to have on hand- it last a long time - you can find it on Amazon or eBay - follow the directions on the bottle for cleaning - I use it to deep clean my two tanks- I take them completely down and spray my decor as well

KeBEARDIE

Hatchling Dragon
Please get some F10 it's a vet disinfectant and is very good - it's a concentrate so you will need to mix it- it's great to have on hand- it last a long time - you can find it on Amazon or eBay - follow the directions on the bottle for cleaning - I use it to deep clean my two tanks- I take them completely down and spray my decor as well
Alright will do thanks for the advice really appreciate it.