• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Critter condo for dibs and murphy

Ray Hower

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello I'm new to the forum :) wanted to show off my hard work for my two baby's

I purchased a critter condo highly recommended. Love this enclosure. It's a 36"x24x24 I wanna get the 48" eventually since I have them housed together.

I used 1" pink foam insulation with grout and hot glue. I used water based painted and a flat clear coat for the back panel the cave is the natural color of the ground. It's my first attempt at something like this really but I'm pretty handy.
56edaae0c01dd181c878ce069bc2571b.jpg
e5458bd9637933f1b57ba865e31460e4.jpg
0349f695079de50e165ceb6fb9cf4177.jpg
a8f629906ed1449878a4efdc700fc31b.jpg
c7ef800555c598d6b27f49c670d6da0d.jpg
2ad91d9d1f273c24cee33bf8726fadf8.jpg
84e9edb80c62a0fece6000b485ee8e52.jpg
beecc5623e6c92255553c6454db87da3.jpg
3edd5e267368fbd72b571e909abff43d.jpg
9316e12ae3ba9635898b251147071d78.jpg
ecb450599154168207958c97e0146692.jpg
5f4ce0abdb25d0f47e4587bdc146d1fb.jpg
aeec7ac1f2dfc17781cd4403214a8d33.jpg
2750c2f45f92f45fae863a405d972a88.jpg
8bcec72e4bdc86dc5f410611c7419c41.jpg
443f80c3827e4ef8c5dd4bb2bd6a7be0.jpg
56dbe50a80b9724c16f0e27d73cb4e46.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi, looks cool, looks like you put a lot of effort into it. However, bearded dragons should never be housed together, as much as it looks like they are getting along, believe me they aren't. Beardies are solitary creatures and would only come together in the wild to mate. When housed together, one will always dominate the other, meaning one will always be in a state of constant stress. The dominant one will take all of the best food and basking spots, and could become aggresive to the other. You can get away with cohabitation for a short time when they are babies, but I would reccomend getting seperate enclosures as soon as possible.

Ray Hower

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, looks cool, looks like you put a lot of effort into it. However, bearded dragons should never be housed together, as much as it looks like they are getting along, believe me they aren't. Beardies are solitary creatures and would only come together in the wild to mate. When housed together, one will always dominate the other, meaning one will always be in a state of constant stress. The dominant one will take all of the best food and basking spots, and could become aggresive to the other. You can get away with cohabitation for a short time when they are babies, but I would reccomend getting seperate enclosures as soon as possible.
I've kept my eye on them they've been alright. They hatched the same day been housed together from the get with daily handling since they hatched. Their very tame and I feed them carefully. The cave was enough when they were smaller I recently finished the backdrop with the shelves and that has resolved the territory issues I was running into but they never nipped or anything at each other just stacking

. I'm aware I'll probobly have to house them separate but I've been hoping this works. I thought they could be my buddy out in with his water dragon and they seem like best buds. :/ So it kind of changed my opinion on the matter a little

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Looks can be very decieving, it doesnt matter if they are siblings or both female, one is always dominant. They dispay what looks like 'cute' behaviour, laying on top of each other(stacking), but this is again dominant behaviour and not at all desirable. As they get older it is more and more likely to result in fighting and aggression. Even though they look like buddies, they see each other as competition for both food and any potential mates (even if there are none) and one will always be stressed. Stress can cause a whole mess of health problems for a dragon. When I got my 2 (both babies from the same clutch)I had them together for a few weeks, the dominant behaviour was apparent and one was gaining weight a lot more rapidly than the other, the smaller one ate less and less as it got stressed. When I seperated them the smaller ones appetite almost doubled and now seems a lot happier

Ray Hower

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm looking for feedback on my cage. If you'd like to 3rd degree me about cohabitating do so in my introduction thread. Bit tired of getting.g excited to hear feedback about about my critter condo setup and I find the 3rd degree. I will agree to disagree I said it previously in a much more polite manner. Let me clear that up I take your advice under council but will move forward as I see fit thank you for your input. :) They will be safe and taken care of worry not theirs always somebody home. They are my baby's and I do not house them together lightly and have made every accommodation, feeding habbits, setup wise and ensured their tank has plenty of heat so their are no territory disputes they are meeting their milestones their tempermennts are great they show no sign of stress have large healthy bowl movements both have started to eat their greens whitch I put out fresh greens every day as well a verity of insects mostly supers right now to girth them up whitch I gutloat as well and use calcium multi vitamins. Now I've seen some scumbags let their dragons just die not take care of them right house them in **** habbitates but man I really don't appreciate a lecture, I assured you I was taken care of them. They're healthy and happy dragons that have met all milestones even with the stress of them both losing the tips of their tales from sheding complications on their first few sheds.

Damn, couldn't even say nice professional pictures they're gorgouse dragons and I've come here to show off and talk about my baby's but I will not be lectured I've had dragons before. I know my **** I talked to allot of people read allot, owned one for a few years when I was younger was a bit too busy and immarure for him but I got him a good home and now many years later I've purchased my own house and I got these guys to move in with me. They are my pride and joy again, worry not.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
lol w/e dude, I meant no offence, was merely passing on relevant information as it was in turn passed on to me by the pro's on this site. And I DID compliment your build by the way. Information on beardy care is why this site is here, not to tickle your ego. Get a grip, you obviously don't know your **** as much as you think you do, if you choose to be offended by my simple 'lecture' its your problem, not mine.
Oh, and they are gorgeous, but then they all are imo

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Alright, here goes. Nice custom built decor. I see one bulb in the middle of the tank, is it an MVB? Tank needs to have a basking spot and a cool side. Does the bulb in the middle of the tank provide that?

Ray Hower

Bearded Dragon Egg
Alright, here goes. Nice custom built decor. I see one bulb in the middle of the tank, is it an MVB? Tank needs to have a basking spot and a cool side. Does the bulb in the middle of the tank provide that?
It's a heat bulb. Theirs a uvb 24" fixture I'm the rear I have another bulb for uvb I was gonna use but was told the 24" is enough and it has been. I tested the tank with the decor for two weeks before I took on that dragons. The bulb originally was over to the left to try and balance things out for a cooler side but it put the rock roasting to a blistering 130 so I moved it to the middle and checked all hides and such. The coolest part of the tank can be high 70's low 80's and hottest in the best sunbathing spot is 100 maybe 110 in the summer but they rarely go for the full bath they usually hang about the back shelves where the temps also reach the high 90's roughly slightly cooler than the hottest spot. I did not just put a bllu in the middle and go. I'm also adding a night corcuit with a thermostat and a ceramic bulb to mentain the nigh temps in the winter above 60, they hit 55 and I had a put a space heater in the back room where they reside to mentain a balanced 70 But once I add the night circuit I should be alright.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm looking for feedback on my cage. If you'd like to 3rd degree me about cohabitating do so in my introduction thread. Bit tired of getting.g excited to hear feedback about about my critter condo setup and I find the 3rd degree. I will agree to disagree I said it previously in a much more polite manner. Let me clear that up I take your advice under council but will move forward as I see fit thank you for your input. :) They will be safe and taken care of worry not theirs always somebody home. They are my baby's and I do not house them together lightly and have made every accommodation, feeding habbits, setup wise and ensured their tank has plenty of heat so their are no territory disputes they are meeting their milestones their tempermennts are great they show no sign of stress have large healthy bowl movements both have started to eat their greens whitch I put out fresh greens every day as well a verity of insects mostly supers right now to girth them up whitch I gutloat as well and use calcium multi vitamins. Now I've seen some scumbags let their dragons just die not take care of them right house them in **** habbitates but man I really don't appreciate a lecture, I assured you I was taken care of them. They're healthy and happy dragons that have met all milestones even with the stress of them both losing the tips of their tales from sheding complications on their first few sheds.

Damn, couldn't even say nice professional pictures they're gorgouse dragons and I've come here to show off and talk about my baby's but I will not be lectured I've had dragons before. I know my **** I talked to allot of people read allot, owned one for a few years when I was younger was a bit too busy and immarure for him but I got him a good home and now many years later I've purchased my own house and I got these guys to move in with me. They are my pride and joy again, worry not.

Very nice custom decoration! Looks great..
**As an admin voice here** With many new comers to dragons it is important that good info is being given so all can see. Other members are only doing their part to educate on things that may or may not be known to those reading.
Ok that's that :)

Ray Hower

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thinking of going bio active and in lue of this tank not being ideal size and territory is likely to become an issue I'd like to build a tank that can accommodate them but I want to go bio. What should be done for this exactly it all seems a little confusing

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Any ideas anybody :-/ ?

I personally do not have any experience in bio active set ups but others here do, I do suggest you really do your research and make sure your babies are free of parasites or you have to start things all over so not to spread things.