• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cricket question!

H the CVT

Bearded Dragon Egg
So, obviously you feed dubias in a dish so they can't escape.

But crickets do what they want.

I just hand fed my guy 10+ crickets because I'm pretty sure the turds are hiding all over the enclosure and he's not able to get them.

Is this normal? Should I be doing something differently?

Thank you!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Soooo I am a little morbid and I ripped the back legs off of the crickets before I fed them to my animals, they can't jump out of a bowl if they don't have those back legs LOL!

You can also try just throwing in one cricket at a time and wait for him to eat it then give another one. Makes feeding take longer but at least you know they are gone.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea when I fed crickets I would cut their back legs off and put them in the bowl or do 1 at a time...Just make sure they are all out of the tank so they don't nibble on your dragon as they sleep.