• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Couch potato. More of Dexter's antics . . .

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I've noticed that Dexter mostly likes to hang out at the highest point of his log, especially in the evenings. The day before yesterday I opened his front doors so I could sit and talk to him for a bit and his head tilted quite a lot as he sat in his favorite spot. At first I thought he was enjoying listening to me, but then realized that it was the movements on the TV behind me that was capturing his interest. lol We have a big 60" on the wall diagonal to his tank and if he's sitting at the top of his log he has a clear view of the TV. :D Yesterday, concerned after his fall, I was checking on him constantly. At one point I noticed he was glass surfing on the shady side of his tank. I was alarmed thinking he was hurt from his fall as he doesn't do this often. It wasn't feeding time. His temps were normal. He'd just been out about 15 minutes prior so I could look him over again and we'd spent 10 mins cuddling before I put him back. As soon as I came up to the tank he stopped and scurried to the top of his log. I reached in and petted his little head and talked to him for a minute. Watched him for any discomfort. He seemed fine. After a few minutes I went back to doing some housework. Finished with chores I came in to watch some tube for a bit and as I turned on the TV I looked over and noticed that he was running from the shady side of his tank (think he was surfing again) to the tip of his log. Danged if he didn't start watching the movements on the TV again. He sat there for a good 20 minutes tilting his head this way and that towards the TV before he got down and went to his basking rock. It was hilarious. Thinking about it I realized that we mostly watch TV in the evenings. For most of the day the TV is off. I'm wondering if that's why he spends so much of his evening time on the top of log. Today I'm going to turn on the TV and watch to see if he runs to the tip of his log to watch some tube. Seriously think I may have a couch potato on my hands. hahahahahahahaha

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
The glass surfing is probably because his tank is too small.

It's really funny how beardies seem to watch TV. Try turning on different shows/movies and see which ones he likes! I read an article about a beardie who hated reruns and only liked to watch certain shows.

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The glass surfing is probably because his tank is too small.

It's really funny how beardies seem to watch TV. Try turning on different shows/movies and see which ones he likes! I read an article about a beardie who hated reruns and only liked to watch certain shows.
Don't think it's his tank. He's 2 months old and he's in a 40-gal front loading tank with screen on top. I finally got his lights situated and figured out to keep his lighting and temps at proper temps and positions. Took me a bit. lol

Really. Not liking reruns. Some are good enough to rewatch. hahahahaha I'll have to find that article. :) Hmmm . . . I'll test him. lol I watched him when I turned on the TV yesterday. Danged if he didn't perk up on his log. He sits right up and his heads tilts towards the TV. It's funny to watch. I had to run to town yesterday and I left the TV on for him. :)