• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cost to make enclosure

Zane kiser

Bearded Dragon Egg
hey everyone,
New to the bearded dragon life. But want to set mine up with a really nice long lasting enclosure.
I’ve been looking into all the material and it’s looking like $300-$400, with 3/4 inch oak plywood(stain, sealer) plexiglass glass front door and material to make custom rocks. I already have the lights. (I will be asking about that later as well.:))
Question is, does $300-400 sound right?? Any suggestions?
Thank you!

Tabasco

Hatchling Dragon
Sounds about right, though I would go 18" high as easiers to heat, get UVB etc.

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
I would go ahead with the 24" height. With 24", you not only have room to hang the light fixtures inside the enclosure, you also can have more room for the beardie to climb around and have fun. They enjoy climbing and will definitely use the added height, if allowed to.

tomatoman

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello newbie too here, so Zane is that your estimated budget for the complete enclosure? So this is a DIY project, right? You need to design this from the start.
I search and dig some random related info on the internet about the Terrarium, the price is around $250 and after calculating everything (what I mean to add something like substrate, decor, heating tool, light, etc), the cost could go around $400.
I don't know is it a good idea to recycle an old aquarium and turn into the enclosure (what I mean need to do some adjustment and fix something) just to cut cost. If it's not possible, I might need to save cash for a better outcome. Personally, I don't have the DIY skills.