• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

constipation

Christinealbright

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I have a concern about my bearded dragons not pooping. I have two of them and i feed them super worms and i keep the super worms in oat meal. Could this be what is causing my dragons not to poop so often. They use to go once a week when i put them in the bath, or sometimes it would take two weeks, but it seems lately its been longer then that. So i just want to know if anybody knows if its the oatmeal from the superworms and if it is what else could i put the super worms in. Thank you

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello and welcome to the forum!
You can put the super worms in bran but I really don't think that's the issue. Have you tried feeding more greens and high fiber foods? It also helps to bathe them often. Keep them superhydrated

Christinealbright

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello and welcome to the forum!
You can put the super worms in bran but I really don't think that's the issue. Have you tried feeding more greens and high fiber foods? It also helps to bathe them often. Keep them superhydrated
Yeah ive started giving them more greens (as Smoothies) cause they wont eat them unless blended. What kinds of foods would be considered high fiber for bearded dragons?

bishop

Bearded Dragon Egg
It seems like my beardie has much better and regular bm. After I set up his personal, full dragon size lounging pool in his terr. Only had him for 8 mos, just moved him into his 100 gal terrarium and he loves the pool I think. But it seems like relaxing in the water really keeps him regular, and of course eating right.

Tina9047

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I have a concern about my bearded dragons not pooping. I have two of them and i feed them super worms and i keep the super worms in oat meal. Could this be what is causing my dragons not to poop so often. They use to go once a week when i put them in the bath, or sometimes it would take two weeks, but it seems lately its been longer then that. So i just want to know if anybody knows if its the oatmeal from the superworms and if it is what else could i put the super worms in. Thank you
Hello, just to let you know, superworms have a lot of phosphorus that isn’t very good for your dragons when eaten on a regular bases. You should switch to Dubai roaches or crickets dusted with calcium w/vitamin D. You need to add a lot more fiber to their diet. My dragons go poop once a day which is normal. Once a week is not normal and two weeks is quite abnormal. There is a great book on bearded dragons called “Bearded Dragon Manual, 2nd Edition” written by Philippe de Vosjoli, Terri Sommella and 4 other authors. Terri runs Fire and Ice Dragons (fireandicedragons.com). If you go to their website they have a food chart you would find useful. Please look at this to help you. Also YouTube videos on what to feed your dragons is also helpful or how to get your dragons to eat their veggies, etc..
I hope this helps

Christinealbright

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, just to let you know, superworms have a lot of phosphorus that isn’t very good for your dragons when eaten on a regular bases. You should switch to Dubai roaches or crickets dusted with calcium w/vitamin D. You need to add a lot more fiber to their diet. My dragons go poop once a day which is normal. Once a week is not normal and two weeks is quite abnormal. There is a great book on bearded dragons called “Bearded Dragon Manual, 2nd Edition” written by Philippe de Vosjoli, Terri Sommella and 4 other authors. Terri runs Fire and Ice Dragons (fireandicedragons.com). If you go to their website they have a food chart you would find useful. Please look at this to help you. Also YouTube videos on what to feed your dragons is also helpful or how to get your dragons to eat their veggies, etc..
I hope this helps
[/Q

i think the only time they pooped everyday was when i first got them. I used to give them crickets and dubia roaches but they stopped eating them the only thing they will eat is superworms. I did get some omnivore powder food from the vet that i mix in with there greens when i blend them. I will look into that book and that website. Thank you for your help