• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Concerned first bearded mum :(

BarbPolya78

Bearded Dragon Egg
Im in the uk and have a 3 yr old Dragon called Blu. I adopted her in February this year as she wasn’t being looked after properly and is bow thriving. Recently had a good shed, eats well and poos regularly.But today she was out running around (inside) and started basking in a sun spot on the floor and then something spooked her & she run and jumped behind my sofa, they are so fast and I couldn’t stop her - i don’t know if a bird got a bit close to my window i really don’t know what spooked her. Long story short she ended up having to be rescued from under my sofa (has never gone under there before) my husband got her back in her tank and she is on her basking platform but she has been a statue ever since. Ive offered her food (her fav dubias) but she didn’t even pay attention to them when normally she gets very excited. I’ve made her environment as quiet as possible & have moved out of sight myself to try and keep her calm. Is this normal after being spooked? Do i need to be concerned? She has her mouth open which is normal but she still hasn’t really moved. Can anyone help as I’m learning as i go.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Im in the uk and have a 3 yr old Dragon called Blu. I adopted her in February this year as she wasn’t being looked after properly and is bow thriving. Recently had a good shed, eats well and poos regularly.But today she was out running around (inside) and started basking in a sun spot on the floor and then something spooked her & she run and jumped behind my sofa, they are so fast and I couldn’t stop her - i don’t know if a bird got a bit close to my window i really don’t know what spooked her. Long story short she ended up having to be rescued from under my sofa (has never gone under there before) my husband got her back in her tank and she is on her basking platform but she has been a statue ever since. Ive offered her food (her fav dubias) but she didn’t even pay attention to them when normally she gets very excited. I’ve made her environment as quiet as possible & have moved out of sight myself to try and keep her calm. Is this normal after being spooked? Do i need to be concerned? She has her mouth open which is normal but she still hasn’t really moved. Can anyone help as I’m learning as i go.
What ever she saw traumatized her-- let her be in her tank and just go about your normal routine- give her a few days to calm down - she will eventually go back to normal-

BarbPolya78

Bearded Dragon Egg
What ever she saw traumatized her-- let her be in her tank and just go about your normal routine- give her a few days to calm down - she will eventually go back to normal-
Thank you, I’m doing exactly that and she has calmed down & has now eaten too.