• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Closest cage

Hazel the bearded lady

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I was wondering if any one has ever built their dragon's cage into the closet ... So my idea is to use coroplast over my carpet bc its waterproof then I would put cardboard on the wall just so she won't ruin my walls also I would put clear tape so the Crickets can't get out I would take the door off and make some kind of wall so she can't get out but the top would be open the lights would be set on or hang from the 1st shelf my closet is 2 ft by 5 ft tell me if you think this idea would work thanks

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You aren't going to be able to get enough ventilation in a closet. Plus depending on where your closet is, it might be hard to regulate your temps. My closets get pretty cold in the winter.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would have to agree with Patsy even with the door off I think your going to have a hard time with ventilation but more so regulating the temps if the wall is an outside wall or not.
Interesting idea just don't think it would be much benefit for the dragon and may cause more health issues down the line.

Hazel the bearded lady

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can you think of any cheep cages for bearded drogans mine lives in a 40 gallon breeder and she hates it she is vary active she is 2 and a half years old

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can you think of any cheep cages for bearded drogans mine lives in a 40 gallon breeder and she hates it she is vary active she is 2 and a half years old

You can always keep an eye out on craigslist in your area for tanks just be sure about fish tanks the height is not what you need and they are typically too narrow. You can always set up a space for her to run that would be safe from eating things or getting stuck..I have our spare room that I've got a UVB/heat bulb (MVB) over a rock basking spot so when mine are cool they can go warm up. My oldest male spends alot of time in there as he's a runner so he glass surfs alot.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree with Hdrydr, try to set up a space for her outside of her tank so she gets free roam time. You can also get a leash and take her outside too. Mine get restless in their tanks and I give each of them separate out of tank time to run around.