• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cleaning advise for accessories

Fache

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey Folks, just purchased this price second hand. Curious as to how I should clean it.

my guess, this is some kind of resin. Would sitting in bleach for a couple of days do the trick or would I be compromising the material in some way?

Attachments

• 55EC42F3-AE3B-4658-B528-C8075889E30B.jpeg
    55EC42F3-AE3B-4658-B528-C8075889E30B.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hey Folks, just purchased this price second hand. Curious as to how I should clean it.

my guess, this is some kind of resin. Would sitting in bleach for a couple of days do the trick or would I be compromising the material in some way?
I don't think you want to use straight bleach. More like a 1:10 bleach-to-water solution. I think that won't hurt the material and still disinfect it. To get into any crevices use soft bristle toothbrush. I think setting it into the solution for a few hours would be long enough. Too long and I think you run the risk of damaging the material. Rinse thoroughly to get all the solution off. :)

Fache

Bearded Dragon Egg
I don't think you want to use straight bleach. More like a 1:10 bleach-to-water solution. I think that won't hurt the material and still disinfect it. To get into any crevices use soft bristle toothbrush. I think setting it into the solution for a few hours would be long enough. Too long and I think you run the risk of damaging the material. Rinse thoroughly to get all the solution off. :)

perfect, thank you

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I would spray some Dawn Dish soap on it from a spray bottle, and then take a toothbrush and use it to get into all the crevices.
That'll work, too. I did read on several beardie sites that a 1:10 bleach-to-water solution is a good way to kill any bacteria as long as accessories were rinsed thoroughly. Dawn Dish soap is probably more beardie friendly, though. :)