• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

chill beardie???

jackspivey06

Bearded Dragon Egg
Lately my 5 month old beardie has been really chill. I don’t think it’s a health problem because she eats and poops normally at the same time each day. she’ll eat her veggies and supers in the morning and then just chill on her rock for a few hours and then decide to go on her hammock. anyone else’s beardie do this???

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lately my 5 month old beardie has been really chill. I don’t think it’s a health problem because she eats and poops normally at the same time each day. she’ll eat her veggies and supers in the morning and then just chill on her rock for a few hours and then decide to go on her hammock. anyone else’s beardie do this???
Please get her over on a staple feeder insect-- super worms are made for treats and can cause impaction if given too many -- I would get her on dubia roaches they are a great staple feeder along w/ some BSFL --- I would recommend laying off the supers --- you can get staple feeder insects from many suppliers on line - if you need some websites let me know and I will post some for you --

LittleGodzilla

Hatchling Dragon
So mine does this too but it shouldn't be a problem as long as she is healthy i would recommend you give her a little exercise so she isn't laying around all day

jackspivey06

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please get her over on a staple feeder insect-- super worms are made for treats and can cause impaction if given too many -- I would get her on dubia roaches they are a great staple feeder along w/ some BSFL --- I would recommend laying off the supers --- you can get staple feeder insects from many suppliers on line - if you need some websites let me know and I will post some for you --
yes i give her dubia roaches every night. i give her 1 super worm in the morning along with her collards

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yes i give her dubia roaches every night. i give her 1 super worm in the morning along with her collards
Oh ok good it sounded like you were feeding supers as a staple--- you can offer a variety of insects its good to switch them up a bit --- here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Like other reptiles, beardies bask after eating because they need the heat to digest their food. Since yours lays on her rock right after a meal, she's probably just digesting her food and chilling.