• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cheese Growth Rate

cheesethedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

Cheese is a hypo zero leatherback, and was hatched on 8-12-19. So he’s 7 months old, and weighs 136 grams. Seems like everywhere I read most beardies are in the 160+ gram range at this age. He eats fine, and the the temps and everything are perfect.
I feed him around 6-10 super worms per day, and offer him greens almost daily.

My question is, is this normal growth rate? Or is he a slow grower? Or should I feed him more?

Thanks.

cheesethedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Super worms are more for a treat than staple feeder -- I would get him on dubia roaches they are the best staple feeder as they are easier to keep and more nutritious than crickets --- you can order from here these people are good and they are fast they are out of Kansas www.dubiaroaches.com they have other great worms Cheese would like too like butter worms horn worms nutrigrubs which are another staple feeder and dont dust them they are full of calcium-- horn worms are a hydrating worm and fast grower so order a small amount if ordering them - butter worms are a good treat and a great lure to the salad bowl
Dragons will grow at their own rate --- I would get him off the supers and onto the dubias - you can keep them in a 10 gallon aquarium and feed them dubia food-- food your dragon eats and carrots for hydration - order the 5/8 or 1 inch dubia --- feed as many as he will eat in 10-15 minutes I usually start out w/ around 8-10 and see if he eats them all
here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Switch his greens up and ad some squash like butter nut raw shredded and some yellow or zucchini-- fruit occasional -- kale on the list is good to feed as a staple -- see how that goes keep me posted
Thanks for the feedback! Very helpful! I will definitely place an order for Dubia’s. I’ve fed him dubia before and he really likes them. I’ll have to venture into the other types of work a that you mentioned as I’ve not fed those before. But certainly will start. I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks!