• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

changing humidity?

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
the humidity on my cool side of my beardies tank is getting high. i took the water bowl out last night to see if that would help, but it didn’t do anything. his basking side is 35%, but the cool side is climbing to the 50s. how can i lower it? i dont have a dehumidifier but i could get one. if there’s any other solutions please let me know!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't think this is particularly worrying unless your beardies has symptoms that require constantly low humidity. Sure they can develop probs at high humidity but 50% isn't THAT high and it's probably not sustained. Just make sure that his environment is dry so that his body and respiratory system stay dry

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
A dehumidifier is very helpful for getting rid of humidity in bearded dragon tanks but there are other ways to lower the humidity. I know on a different post I told you to mist the tank to help him eat. So when you are missing him you can mist him outside of the tank. Trying to get more circulation in the room is also a good idea to lower the humidity. By the way is he eating better?

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I don't think this is particularly worrying unless your beardies has symptoms that require constantly low humidity. Sure they can develop probs at high humidity but 50% isn't THAT high and it's probably not sustained. Just make sure that his environment is dry so that his body and respiratory system stay dry
thank you! i wasn’t sure is i should be worried, especially because his warm side is at a good humidity and that’s where he spends most of his time!

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
A dehumidifier is very helpful for getting rid of humidity in bearded dragon tanks but there are other ways to lower the humidity. I know on a different post I told you to mist the tank to help him eat. So when you are missing him you can mist him outside of the tank. Trying to get more circulation in the room is also a good idea to lower the humidity. By the way is he eating better?
thank you! he is! still not all the way what he should, but definitely more than he was before, which i’m happy about. he even ate some veggies out of my hand today!
to get more circulation, could i turn on a box fan? or open my window? it’s been raining a lot in ohio so idk if opening my window would make the humidity worse. again, thank you so much for all your help!!

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That's great that he's eating more and cool that you are in Ohio too. Opening a window or turning on a box fan is good. Check the weather before opening a window to see what the humidity is outside.

Gabrielle Kelly

Bearded Dragon Egg
the humidity on my cool side of my beardies tank is getting high. i took the water bowl out last night to see if that would help, but it didn’t do anything. his basking side is 35%, but the cool side is climbing to the 50s. how can i lower it? i dont have a dehumidifier but i could get one. if there’s any other solutions please let me know!
Put in plants to your tank, aloe plants ans succulents are great for soaking up the humidity and they thrive under the UV light

Blueberry

Bearded Dragon Egg
It is relative humidity and is measured from a central location, mid range temperature. Since it is relative humidity temperature changes will make a huge difference in the reading you get. Where the hygrometer measures from is everything.